Condo Management

I bought a condo in Pattaya. For aout 1-1/2 years now I have been asking the condo Juristic person to implement some changes for the security and fire safety of the condo building. I and another resident also have been asking the Juristic person to get the owner to put in the promised business center, barbecue area, and jogging track. The Juristic person keeps lying about what he is doing to comply with our requests and so far none of it is done.

Does the Juristic person work for and is paid by the condo association? It appears that he was appointed to the position by the builder. Can the association Board relieve him of his job and get another person to manage the condo? Is there another way to force this Juristic person to do his job?

Thanks.

For aout 1-1/2 years now I have been asking the condo Juristic person to implement some changes for the security and fire safety of the condo building. I and another resident also have been asking the Juristic person to get the owner to put in the promised business center, barbecue area, and jogging track

Sounds like the Juristic person/management committee don't have funds. Simple.

Does the Juristic person work for and is paid by the condo association?

Yes, they are paid out of CAM fees that every owner is levied for annually.

Can the association Board relieve him of his job and get another person to manage the condo?

Yes, he can be dismissed as can any other employee of the Buildings administration.

Is there another way to force this Juristic person to do his job?

I feel that he is trying to save face and NOT let you know the actual state of the building's finances.

Firstly, I would ask for an AUDITED set of accounts for the last year and ideally too accounts for the first 6 months of the current year. I think you will find that many owners haven't paid their CAM fees and that the buildings finances are in a sorry state.

If this is the situation, its hard to blame him as he can only act with what he has. However, if my assumption is correct, then I would be looking to sell ASAP. This will not improve, particularly in the current global financial situation.

There are a couple of posters here (Darrell in particular) who know a lot about your area. Hopefully, he'll see this topic.

I agree with london that it sound suspiciously like a shortage of money (or shortage of kickbacks?).

Yes, the association/committee has the power to change the JP/management company. But in some buildings it seems to be a bit of an uphill battle.

Is this an old building or a new one? From the facilities you describe I'm guessing a fairly new one. How many units in total? Are there a lot of unsold units? Many Thai owners?

Thank you London and Darrel. The condo is called "The Urban" on Pattaya 2nd road soi 15 next door to the City Garden complex. There are 3 buildings and the first building is about 3 years old.

It appears that there are many Thai owners that are renting out their units. The developer also seems to be renting out units. I live here maybe 5-6 months out of the year and I don't see many people here when I am around.

I am going to speak to the Juristic person again today and I will ask him for the financial accounts and some of the other questions that you have indicated. I am also going to try to contact the Board chairman and/or members directly and talk to them a bit.

The condo is called "The Urban" .......

I know that building, of course.

I suspect that those facilities were promised by the developer rather than the management and so all the management can do is chase up/sue the developer (on behalf of the co-owners) assuming that there is indeed some contractual agreement to provide the facilities, and not just a few meaningless words in a glossy brochure.

If the management was appointed by the developer then the management may be understandably unwilling to rock the boat.

Only if the management promised the facilities themselves would you have any comeback on them to provide them, and this is unlikely.

Probably best not to have two very similar threads running at the same time, and I suspect the mods will act accordingly.

Indeed, I've closed the older thread.

It's here for those who want a bit of history.