1 Month Internet Service

ginooooo

and will visit for 1 month later. Been sick and tired of using those expensive slow connection cards and dongles. Does anyone know if I could get ADSL for just a month? Is there a long term subscription contract to get TOT or someone else to hook it up? Or just order it, get it installed, and cancel at the end of 1 month with no penalty. Thanks for any help.

Do you have a TOT fixed line now? Is DSL available? If so check with the nearest TOT office as you may be able to get temporary (3 months) service.

Off topic, but you have an excellent avatar. biggrin.png

Edited by Semper

Short answer NO, the best you can get for a short duration is going to be 3G via your phone or using a dongle that you don't like

I stay here for only 9 months a year and have found it cheaper to just pay for the months I am not here by downgrading my plan but you must do it in advance of your monthly renewal fee

I know of no ISP here in Thailand that will not require you to sign a contract for at least a minimum of 6 months (and as a farang, more likely a year) and they will penalize you for breaking it. Not a real problem but don't think you are going to get service again from the same ISP once you have broken the contract you signed

My Thai neighbor recently canceled her TOT ADSL 12 month contract at about the 8 month point in order to switch to True cable and she got hit with a 2,000 cancellation fee, and of course the currently monthly charge. When I canceled a TOT 12 month contract a couple years ago the cancellation fee on my particular contract was 1000 baht.

Well, sounds like dead in the water. However, next door neighbor has wifi I think and maybe I can pay him some money to share his. Thank you guys for your inputs.

Of course you can do it - just have to pay the cancellation fee: Setting up DSL, one month service, and cancellation fee will probably cost you a few thousand. I imagine anywhere between 3,000 and 5,000. The cancellation fee depends on whether the provider supplied a DSL modem for free, and free installation - it's meant to cover that cost if a customer jumps ship early.

I'd go to the office and inquire about the price to do that, just let them know what you want to do. You are going to pay more than 700 baht though, that's for sure.

You could also get a prepaid True-H card if True-H works in Payao. That's very fast, and very cheap, and probably best for 1 month. Same with AIS 3G.

Sharing with the neighbor will be the cheapest and best option of course.. wink.png I'd just offer them to pay the fee for that month.

Edited by nikster

• 3 months later...