Any Advantage To Buying Motorbike In Shopping Malls?

4evermaat

They had Fino for 44,000 baht and another red/white Yamaha [forgot name] for 33,500. That caught my eye. I was trying to determine if it was current year 2012, 2011, 2010 models.

Any one have experience buying within the superstores like Tesco or Big C? Do you get points if you use your shopping card? Anything special to look out for?

Edited by 4evermaat

why some think they are funny? if you not know or have idea not need to make joke because it shows only how your brain works ( or not works )

he asks questions and nearly all answers nothing.

i plan to buy in big c ( yamaha nouvo elegance 54.600baht)

you not have any problem, they have someone who makes registration,insurance,etc.

it is same like you buy in motor shop

you get point of course, you can use aeon or city visa, or if you pay cash or one payment with credit, you get about 200-300baht points.

free delivery service if you want ( in 2 days )

The bikes you see in Big C and Tesco etc generally tend to be second hand bikes that have been repossessed or handed back as the person could not keep up the payments. You can pick up some cheap bikes but no warranty etc. If you buy a bike just keep on top of the fluids and it will last forever. Well nearly licklips.gif

The bikes you see in Big C and Tesco etc generally tend to be second hand bikes that have been repossessed or handed back as the person could not keep up the payments. You can pick up some cheap bikes but no warranty etc. If you buy a bike just keep on top of the fluids and it will last forever. Well nearly licklips.gif

The bike there are brand new. Not second hand. Can see from the mileage clock.

Advantage, I think is the use of credit card. Also, if you one one of those 80 baht cut out coupons, you may use them.

Why would you buy a new bike from anywhere other than a main dealer ? biggrin.png

I would buy from BigC or Tesco if the bike would be noticeable cheaper (>3,000Baht) and from the same quality (initial checks, setup and equipment) there . Don't know if this is the case.

they are normally dealer stands anyway.. just maybe not the dealer in that town.

You have to ask yourself. WHY IS IT SO MUCH CHEAPER.

i would get the price then just go to the local dealer and get them to match it.

To be fair i have only ever seen Chinese brands in my local supermarket.. Outside in the car park sometimes the local dealers get rid of overstock but does not happen often.

Edited by thaicbr

While I might go shopping for groceries at big C I would avoid any place that isn't specializing in sales of bikes. A shop of any sort is going to be a hell of a lot better when it comes to service. Are they going to service your bike in the warehouse? they are going to farm out the work to another shop & may make you wait for their earliest convenience to get in . I had issues with Big C over a weed whacker & a LCD TV.

It was like pulling teeth to get results. My bike shop works on my bike (when I bring it in)regardless how many bikes are there. That too I highly doubt the sales dude knows a crankshaft from a frying pan. Best go to a cycle shop where all they do is motorbikes day in & day out. And by the time your done it costs the same & as mentioned you can use a credit card & pay pretty much the same amount(if anything less). And they usually throw in a couple extra perks. On my Nuevo they gave me a helmet jacket upgraded tires & a back rack (new) for 52,590 baht for a 2011 bike in 2011. Your not going to talk big C into anything special.

Would you buy your groceries at your Honda or Yamaha dealer?

Would you buy your groceries at your Honda or Yamaha dealer?

yes sure, it is cheaper than big c, honda dealer make give coupon 11 baht for every 2000baht, big c only gives 10baht, you try buy groceries in honda dealer too, you sure stuff welcomed you with big smile

I'm just seconding earlier views here - nothing new.

I have never had difficulty getting warraanty support from Japanese manufacturers at any of their shops, no matter where I purchased the machine. Naturally, I present the service booklet with it - or green book showing dates, but it seems that they are not too concerned with them, once they've looked at the bike. I'd have no worries on that score (however, our stores here in CM only show the same prices as the dealers for some reason).

Set-up is a question, and possibly an issue.

I've seen dozens of Yamahas at Carrefour and now Big C +, and all were brand new.