What’S A Good Price For A Used D-Max?

mogandave

I’m buying a new pickup in the next month or two and need to sell of the old one and I want to know what can I expect to get for it without too much trouble.

Isuzu D-Max Cab-4, LS, 3.0 DiTurbo, 4X4, 4-Door, automatic transmission, original dark blue metallic paint.

One owner, purchased new 1-Aug-03

350,000 Km

Sammitr steel D-max shell

New Michelins on factory alloys

Front end overhauled and new shocks when we got the tires

Recent major service at Isuzu same time as tires

Regular service

Runs good and looks good for a 9-year old. Some minor dings and scratches, but nothing major. Interior is original gray cloth, and in good shape except for the leather on the steering wheel. Need a good detailing, but it’s a good-to-go dialing driver.

What a good asking price and taking price?

Thanks!

Thanks, looks like I can expect about 350-400K, though I sure don’t understand why someone would pay much that for a 9 year old truck.

Same here, I was looking at the prices for Mitsu Strada, megacab, 4wd from 2001. The first thing that crossed my mind was "in your dreams". Please prove me wrong, & I'll sell tomorrow :)

Thanks, looks like I can expect about 350-400K, though I sure don’t understand why someone would pay much that for a 9 year old truck.

Yes but you have good history and sounds like a good buy it depends on how much you are prepare to accept with offers.

350.000 km is a lot though.. Did you change the clutch yet? At how many kms did it need changing?

It’s an AT, so no clutch to change. wink.png

Agree that 40K per year is a bit over the average, but shouldn’t be a problem for a diesel, especially with a good service record.

I have the same make and model, but (2WD), only 130K on the clock. Somewhat under the average, but don’t think it will reflect much on the selling price anyway.

Ah right; I have the model before that, same 3.0 L engine, which is at 150,000 km now; still going very strong. Only thing I changed was some horizontal steel bar in the steering set up (คันส่งกลาง, don't know what that's in English), after the steering developed some play in it. And lights/batteries/tires/shocks/brake pads of course. But that steering bar thingy was the first time the truck has seen the Isuzu shop on the inside since the 100K service. (I do the minor stuff at gas stations and tire centers)