Bambina

leisurely

Please don't think me rude, but I gather you are a vet. I have a question for you.

Would a Thai vet put my hamster to sleep (euthanise her). She has what appears to be an allergy or mites or something. Poor little girl scratches herself silly. Applying cream or lotion would not be an option (I am terrified of her, she lunges at me when I try to put fresh food in her cage and has bitten me more times than I can count!) I don't want her to live out her life in misery, but she is getting really moth eaten now.

Thanks very much

Leisurely

well .. im sorry that your lil hamsty has a dermatologic prob..

basiccally the hamster has 18-14 mths old life time (can be 3yrs for some)..if your hamster is old enough so its ok for excuse if u want to put to sleep..and yes Vet can help you

about dermatologic prob.. it can be Mange , do you try to treat mange yet?

SIGN - The hamster scratches a lot, particularly around its ears, has dry flakey skin and obvious fur loss, particularly on the back. There may also be scabs around the ears, nose and genitals.

:o Bambina, you are brilliant. Sorry I didn't PM you (whatever that means) I am completely useless on the computer and can just about manage to email people on my address book list.

I will take her to the vet tomorrow. She is around 4 months old by the way.

I bought a li'le hamsty from the pet shop and it died same day.

I went back to the pet shop and the girl said make jam with it. I thought she was joking but was deadly serious.

Anyway, tried making jam with it and it tasted horrid, so I through it out in the garden.

Next day the place was covered with flowers, so I went back to the pet shop to moan at the girl - she said don't you know you get Tulips from Hamster Jam? :o

OK then, I'll move the topic to a more appropriate Forum.

By the way leisurely, a PM is a Personal Message. It's an integral part of the Forum Software that enables members to communicate with each other directly.

Look under their Avatar and member information and you'll se a PM button.

It works just like email. :o

Treating her is not an option. She terrifies me! Only weighs about 15gm I should think but has teeth like razor blades! Not sure what I will tell our little girl though!

yes..some hamsters are aggressive, i understand.. i was bitten from time to time.. and its your choice if you want to put her to sleep

i have 1 farang family client .. the girl and daddy came to my clinic with a hamster with a big lump..after i check , its hernia .. (cant fix anyway) the girl strat to cry (she is around 12yo) but she understand about the fact of life.. i told her.. the hamster was pretty old, if he had no hernia, he would die soon too (he was 2 yo)

the farang girl insist to feed her hamster..and the ham passed away 10 days later

:D

Tell her Freddie Starr ate it ! !

:D:D good excuse :o

I went back to the pet shop and the girl said make jam with it. I thought she was joking but was deadly serious.

Anyway, tried making jam with it and it tasted horrid, so I through it out in the garden.

Next day the place was covered with flowers, so I went back to the pet shop to moan at the girl - she said don't you know you get Tulips from Hamster Jam? :D

heheh funny story

why TV does not have Pet's Forum? :D

Edited by BambinA

why TV does not have  Pet's Forum? :o

Good question Bambi.

If enough members think there's a need, you could post a subject in Forum Support and let the Admin think about it.

I think that the Forum in general is getting fairly diverse with the range of sub-forums available, and coupled with the increasing membership, management is a key issue.

If you want one, just ask the question and watch for the answers/results. You could ask udon to help you... he has active interests in that area too.

Treating her is not an option. She terrifies me! Only weighs about 15gm I should think but has teeth like razor blades! Not sure what I will tell our little girl though!

yes..some hamsters are aggressive, i understand.. i was bitten from time to time.. and its your choice if you want to put her to sleep

i have 1 farang family client .. the girl and daddy came to my clinic with a hamster with a big lump..after i check , its hernia .. (cant fix anyway) the girl strat to cry (she is around 12yo) but she understand about the fact of life.. i told her.. the hamster was pretty old, if he had no hernia, he would die soon too (he was 2 yo)

the farang girl insist to feed her hamster..and the ham passed away 10 days later

Tell her Freddie Starr ate it ! !

:D:D good excuse :o

Next day the place was covered with flowers, so I went back to the pet shop to moan at the girl - she said don't you know you get Tulips from Hamster Jam? :D

heheh funny story

I tried to get one started last May but couldn't get a reply from George. :D

"Pets Vets & Plants" forum. :D

If you want one, just ask the question and watch for the answers/results. You could ask udon to help you... he has active interests in that area too.

:o

"Pets Vets & Plants" forum.  :D

found few threads.. a guy ask about Saxophone.. and he put its in sport forum (Sports, Golf, Hobbies & Activities) first time i was surprised when i found it , after read the description of forum home.. its so-called make sense :D

:D Just read the post about putting a small towel over her to handle. I think I'll have to take her out of the cage using barbecue tongs. I have just been in to give her some more water and she glared at me. Do you think she knows? :o

I think it might be the barbecue tongs that are making her unhappy. She's not sure whether she's a pet or a snack :D

By the way leisurely, a PM is a Personal Message. It's an integral part of the Forum Software that enables members to communicate with each other directly.

Look under their Avatar and member information and you'll se a PM button.

It works just like email.  :o

I always thought with that button you report someone to the Premier Minister.

leisurely: you can just put it in the toilette and press the button and you tell your girl that it was falling while it wanted to drink, but now it stays in haeven together with the gold fish and the 8 alive baby cats and the other crap you put in the toilett last year.

:o 'Tis done. Took her to the vet where the assistant handled her with a pair of thick leather gauntlet gloves. The vet readily agreed that she could be euthanised then had a better idea. What appeared to be the whole staff trooped through the treatment room and looked at said rodent. One stood and stared longer than the others. Some moments later the vet told me that the woman had decided she would offer her a home! result. I did reiterate what a spiteful little thing she was (turned out to be he anyway) but she didn't mind. Only problem was daughter who blamed the cat from upstairs!

maybe you can bring the cat also to the vet and get rid of it?

:o 'Tis done. Took her to the vet where the assistant handled her with a pair of thick leather gauntlet gloves. The vet readily agreed that she could be euthanised then had a better idea. What appeared to be the whole staff trooped through the treatment room and looked at said rodent. One stood and stared longer than the others. Some moments later the vet told me that the woman had decided she would offer her a home! result. I did reiterate what a spiteful little thing she was (turned out to be he anyway) but she didn't mind. Only problem was daughter who blamed the cat from upstairs!

Thank god for that, I was gonna make a post about why kill the poor little hamster just coz it bites and got a little sick. :D

Thankfully you found someone with a heart! :D

leisurely: you can just put it in the toilette and press the button and you tell your girl that it was falling while it wanted to drink, but now it stays in haeven together with the gold fish and the 8 alive baby cats and the other crap you put in the toilett last year.

Yes but what about all the huge albino hamsters with massive pink eyes now running around the sewer system. Before they grow to giant man-eating size they can crawl back up through the toilets and bite your bum.

toilets and bite your bum.

Or worse....... :D

Had it happen once to me in Africa, building work going on and somehow a rat had found its way up the drains into the loo while i was on it.

Mind you my mother always said she thought a rat had crawled up my ar@e and died sometimes.

:o:D:D .

(English humour Bambina dont worry about it . :D )

:D Just read the post about putting a small towel over her to handle. I think I'll have to take her out of the cage using barbecue tongs. I have just been in to give her some more water and she glared at me. Do you think she knows? :o

I think it might be the barbecue tongs that are making her unhappy. She's not sure whether she's a pet or a snack :D

:D:D

[

"Pets Vets & Plants" forum. :o

I second that...need a forum for pet lovers & gardeners (could be same or 2 different ones)

I had a problematic hamster once....

The problem was, if I put it in the microwave, it would come out somewhat bloated, if not exploded, and all soggy...

But lighting up the BBQ just took too ###### long.

:o