Schengen Visa

hi agian everyone

we need some help please

i would like to take my wife to france and sweeden next year for a few days ,i am arware that she will need a Schengen visa,could some one help us by telling us what we need to do and where to go and any costs involed.

(she has a settlement visa allready)

i have looked on the forum but only found one page and it said that it was free ,(maybe i rear wrong)

so any help would be greatfully accepted

keep up the good work on the best forum on the web

pete and som

Edited by cuddleypete

The Schengen Visa is normally issued with a validity of three months and is valid for all Schengen States.

However, your wife must apply to the embassy of the Schengen country she will enter first.

So if you are going from the UK to Sweden then to Norway, she should apply to the Swedish Embassy. See their website.

The main concern when issuing the Schengen Visa are:

Does your wife have the right to return to the UK (As she has a settlement visa she automatically has the right to return hence she meets that criteria)

Does your wife have funds to support her, a simple letter attached with the application stating you are travelling together, you are paying the costs from your joint accounts, you have travel insurance etc will cover that issue.

Finally her passport needs to be valid for six months beyond the date of entry to the fist country on the visa.