Surin Man Marries His Dead Girlfriend

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it is sad that people like this are given the lime light and that people like all of you, calling this sweet and romatic, jump right on board with that mindset. You are all sick *******! Sometimes I feel like the last sane person on this planet. Stop promoting this and call it out as something that is just as screwed up as it really is. This man has screwed up the psyche of all of Surin, not to mention T itself. He should be locked away so that people don't turn him into some kind of celebrity. What a shame!

Why?

It's not as if he's consummating the relationship.

He promised to marry her & he did that at her funeral.

How is it sick?

• Like 1

Sad story. You have to admire his commitment. Thais have a very strong belief in the afterlife.

If this became a legal can I marry Marie Antoinette, Cleopatra...or better still the Queen of Sheba ?

Didn't some Thai guy marry a Python not so long ago.

I want to marry James Dean and claim his royalty rights! This new idea of dead marriage opens up a whole delicious can of worms! Hey, in many countries you can marry convicts destined for execution. Not much difference, I say. Who do I propose to to woo Mr. Dean?

post-37101-0-35496800-1326197792_thumb.j

That is not Mr. Dean

edit sorry posting before I got to the next page.

Edited by RKASA

Yeah, saw this in the newspaper this morning, way too weird.

Saw it in my wife's facebook last night, from what was written there, they were due to marry the day the accident happened. Sad turn of events, it does appear to be a strange thing to do, but to each his own.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Closure, important in mourning which also explains a lot of his behavior as no doubt he's still in shock but only someone who has loved and lost so suddenly, tragically and young would understand, all others are merely ignorant, jaded or both...

My feeling is he followed through with his promise and I see nothing wrong with it, it's just a ceremony confirming his love for her in life much like the one he is having for her passing now.. Sadly too many twisted minds here..

You know it is sad that people like this are given the lime light and that people like all of you, calling this sweet and romatic, jump right on board with that mindset. You are all sick *******! Sometimes I feel like the last sane person on this planet. Stop promoting this and call it out as something that is just as screwed up as it really is. This man has screwed up the psyche of all of Surin, not to mention T itself. He should be locked away so that people don't turn him into some kind of celebrity. What a shame!

Why?

It's not as if he's consummating the relationship.

He promised to marry her & he did that at her funeral.

How is it sick?

Absolutely, the only sick people I see are mostly posting on this thread as they have obviously not had such a tragedy befall them in their graced lives.

Amazing Thailand !!! can only happen here/

It's one of the nice sides of Thailand.

Imagine how the guy feels.

I think it's quite romantic and a good way to get closure.

Exactly as per my post as well, you beat me to it but we essentially said the same thing.

Who are you to judge the guy. He obviously loved her (10 yrs) and unexpectedly lost her before he forfilled his promise. I see it as a guy keeping his promise and a guy grieving and saying goodbye in the best way he thinks he can. Niether you nor anyone else knows the full extent of thier relationship or the intimate lives they lived together. Do not judge a person you have never met or know nothing about. Would it have been any different if she was clinically dead on a machine and he married her before it was switched off?

+1,2,3,4..........................

Unexpected accident?

Unexpected accident?

Who dies in an expected accident? Who writes this stuff?

Veil, Sarinya.

He means: "She died unexpected in an accident".

Or what else you are thinking?

Stop these poor comments...

this hits a note with me and my oft melancholic self... she was a very nice looking young lady... i don't believe, but one would hope she was looking down when he slipped the ring on......

".....hope she was looking down......" Not possible, she was DEAD.

Umm...that is actually a picture of Marlon Brando.

OMG, you're right. I'm so embarrassed. I'll try to make up for that:post-37101-0-52658300-1326213740_thumb.j

He left a pretty corpse. What else can you say?

Hmmm you do know how he died ? I don't think too pretty. (sorry JT).

After my previous marriage to a Thai, this does seem to have some good points. Would marrying a dead girl entitle you to a marriage visa?

Not only that, this is the one exception where a foreigner can own land, if she were to have left the land to you in her will or by her dying wishes. Her wishes are honoured even where land is left to a foreigner.

Marrying a woman who does not talk to much and does not disagree with you has some merit, however, I think the B.O. overtime might become a trice overwhelming and just might come back to haunt youjap.gif !

Edited by nong38

This is sick beyond belief. It's like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I knew people were inbred up there, but this is almost like some kind of twisted joke. I think it's probably just a publicity stunt to get some money from the newspapers. It reminds me of that guy from Isaan who married a snake. Cuckoo!

• Like 1

This is sick beyond belief. It's like something out of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I knew people were inbred up there, but this is almost like some kind of twisted joke. I think it's probably just a publicity stunt to get some money from the newspapers. It reminds me of that guy from Isaan who married a snake. Cuckoo!

Let me guess your a bereavement and grief councellor. What would you suggest, a small room watching video's of thier loved life together with a case of whisky and bottle of sleeping tablets? Let the guy grieve as he feels fit.

Please think about what you're saying. The man married his dead girlfriend. Firstly, it shouldn't be allowed and secondly, you shouldn't be condoning it. Marrying a dead person is wrong. Full-stop.

Let me guess your a bereavement and grief councellor. What would you suggest, a small room watching video's of thier loved life together with a case of whisky and bottle of sleeping tablets? Let the guy grieve as he feels fit.

• Like 1