3Gs Jailbroken Data To New 4S ... How To Do ?

buzz

I'm definitely no iPh expert ... just got my new 4S and I don't know how to transfer all the data fm my old 3GS which is jailbroken (by someone else, not me - it's also non-factory unlocked) to the new 4S.

Can I do a back-up of my 3GS on iTunes and then do a restore to the new 4S without having to un-jailbreak the 3GS ?

cheers for any pointers ...

backup the 3gs to itunes .. connect the 4s to itunes and restore it with the data ...

thats it

the jailbroken stuff is anyway never in this backups ...

only SMS and call history and whatever else you are syncing.

backup the 3gs to itunes .. connect the 4s to itunes and restore it with the data ...

thats it

thanks for the advice Null ... I wasn't sure about the Restore, because when I bought the 3GS on the grey market here, it had a Label sticker put on the original box "Warning, don't upgrade or Restore"

it had a Label sticker put on the original box "Warning, don't upgrade or Restore"

yes if you "restore" the 3gs it will be back to the factory lock like it was before and you have to put in a AT&T SimCard to activate it again.

same proceedure with every iphone (including the unlocked once) .... exept that the registration part always passes with a factory unlocked one.

so you can your new phone restore with no worries.

thats it

thanks for the advice Null ... I wasn't sure about the Restore, because when I bought the 3GS on the grey market here, it had a Label sticker put on the original box "Warning, don't upgrade or Restore"

Yeah don't upgrade or restore the 3GS

The 4S, upgrade and restore all you want. By default your entire 3GS is backed up, so when you connect the 4S it will ask you if you want to restore from backup or set up a new phone. It will auto-select the latest backup for you. Restores everything, including text messages etc.

You won't be able to jailbreak the 4S - but it sounds like you don't really have a need for a jailbroken phone anyway.

Be careful when you connect your 3G to iTunes. Before you do so, tell iTunes that you only want to back up the music tracks, address book, bookmarks, etc.

Do NOT allow iTunes to address anything else, like updating your operating system because the jailbreak/unlock will likely cause your phone to be frozen. The freeze will then probably require an expert to un-freeze, and cost you 1,000 Bt.

That happened to me because I unwittingly had my phone unlocked/jaibroken.

Moral: never let anyone mess with your iPhone other than Apple or your cellular provider (True, etc.)

Moral: never let anyone mess with your iPhone other than Apple or your cellular provider (True, etc.)

Moral: never click before read/understood the message ;)

iTunes NEVER upgrades a phone without enforcing you to connect it, Charge it, make a backup and asking at least 2 times to do so ..

its somethings not happen on a mouseclick .... the download alone will take some time .. as it is almost 300MB !

so there is plenty of time to change sync settings and a billion other things. (like reading and properly respond to popup based questions) ;)

its not windows ... if a Apple Software comes up with a warning or a question ... it really means it .. ;)

• Like 1