Airlines With Premium Economy

UmpaLumpa

i noticed alot of premium economy seats can cost more then Biz Class !!, only exception is Eva , where you can get a deal for around 800 pounds to london... BA and Quantas, who code share anyway, charge around 1500 Pounds for premium economy seats to london - bangkok, but you can get Biz Class with emiartes for 1200 !

thanks for your replies!

thai airways seems so expensive when bookingonline, i cant even find premium seats on their website.

also, my friends are coming from europe with emirates for 480 euros, that's less that 20,000 bht (in economy)

hard to find these prices here.

I have a friend who travels LAX->BKK several times a year. He gets great fares from CP. I've tried with the origin here and I can't get anywhere near those prices. Not sure why, but it's cheaper to fly from Europe or the US to BKK than it is the reverse.

A few things to keep in mind:

United's "Economy +" is not Premium Economy Class. It is a standard economy seat that has a few inches of extra seat pitch (knee room). A true Premium Economy product is a different seat from economy. For example, on THAI's A340-500's flying between BKK and Los Angeles, Premium Economy has one less seat in each row (7, instead of 8 in economy). The seats are wider, and (in particular) give more arm and shoulder room and have individual arm rests. They also offer substantial leg room compared to a standard economy seat.

THAI only has the Premium Economy product on the Los Angeles route (and any other route using the A340-500 aircraft. But they only have four of those planes, and two of them are used to serve Los Angeles.) They also have it on some routes between Bangkok and Scandinavia, where they use 747-400's with older seating and have made the old non-fully-reclining business class seating into Premium Economy. (It was no longer competitive with other airlines to sell as a business class product.)

Cathay Pacific (CX) is instituting Premium Economy soon.

The problem with most premium economy seats is that even if it is less crowded and you get a whole row, with individual armrests you often cannot lift them to lay down across 3 seats. If I was going to pay for an upgrade, I would only do it to Business Class.

The problem with most premium economy seats is that even if it is less crowded and you get a whole row, with individual armrests you often cannot lift them to lay down across 3 seats. If I was going to pay for an upgrade, I would only do it to Business Class.

Hmmm....I lift the arm rests all the time. Last trip to LAX I had an entire row. Slept for most of the trip covered by a blanket and with a seat belt on. Wonderful.

what you are saying about the armmrest is true, had a whole row for myself with eva and couldnt lift them.

but a premium econ ticket is about 47k to amsterdam, a business ticket is about 100k

BA & QF seem to market there PE as a cheaper alternative to business class now that a lot of companies won't fork out for actual business class. EVA price it for exactly what it is - a better economy class. I would rate EVA Elite class as better than BA's.

Shame Thai don't have a PE cabin on their London route. I would fly them in preference to EVA.