Coke Light?...

sfokevin

Seems Naam Too Uum is still wreaking havoc upon the supply chain to Chiang Mai...

The shelves are empty everywhere and my hoard of in has run out...

Has anyone spotted any?

PS Coke Zero just won't cut it...

Edited by sfokevin

There are multiple topics on this. The most recent one got trucked off to the General forum, where it is STILL a hot topic.

As an aside: How many of us remember when Thailand had *NO* diet soda drinks whatsoever? If anything this is a reminder of what life used to be like. No good coffee either.

So far it is coke zero or nothing. even at that it is hard to find. But with no Pepsi Max there is not munch else to go to.

Pepsi Max is the king of pop's.

I think the supply chain is OK there is lots of Coke and Pepsi around just not the good stuff. It is more in the manufacturing. Perhaps both companies have a large share in the sugar cane fields here in Thailand?

I read in another thread on ThaiVisa that Pepsi is bottled at 3 plants in Thailand: one in the South, one in the North-East and one in the Bangkok region - but that only the plant in the Bangkok region produces Pepsi Max and that this plant is shut down because of the 2011-flood. The two other plants were not affected by the flood, but they only make Pepsi with sugar.

I don't know if this true or just a rumor.

Why doesn't Pepsi in Thailand (or those that hold the rights to bottle it) release some information on when Pepsi Max will come back on the shelves? If they have done this then I've missed it. And employees in Tesco-Lotus or Big C haven't got any info on this.

I read in another thread on ThaiVisa that Pepsi is bottled at 3 plants in Thailand: one in the South, one in the North-East and one in the Bangkok region - but that only the plant in the Bangkok region produces Pepsi Max and that this plant is shut down because of the 2011-flood. The two other plants were not affected by the flood, but they only make Pepsi with sugar.

I don't know if this true or just a rumor.

Why doesn't Pepsi in Thailand (or those that hold the rights to bottle it) release some information on when Pepsi Max will come back on the shelves? If they have done this then I've missed it. And employees in Tesco-Lotus or Big C haven't got any info on this.

Agreed and Coke could also release information. I for one will not be buying any of their products if they contain sugar.

In the few provinces I traveled to from CM over Christmas; Sukhothai, Phitsanulok, Khon Kaen and Petchabun, Diet Coke or Coke Zero was very hard to find but they had stacks of Diet Coke in Tops at P'lok, if anyone is desperate enough to make that journey!!

Petchabun also had stacks and stacks of cans of Pepsi in every single shop. Still haven't seen Pepsi Max anywhere for ages though.