Child Slavery On The Streets Of Pattaya

Rimmer

Child Slavery on the Streets of Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A few nights ago as I was leaving Walking Street at 3.30am, a friend and I watched in horror as the child giving me the finger in the below photograph, who was well-dressed and aged about 10 or 12 years old, punched the small baby he was carrying (also shown in the photo) hard in the head.

He then viciously kicked the small girl accompanying him a couple of times in her back, presumably to encourage the children to beg more or to look more pathetic, or even to make them cry, which mustn’t be hard to do at 3.30am when children of all ages are tired and should be in bed.

It was a sadistic, heartless and disgusting sight and I went up to him to remonstrate and received a perfectly articulated; “<deleted> YOU” in reply, which is when I realized he was probably Cambodian.

I spoke to him in Thai, which elicited the same reply, and when I asked him in Thai did he speak Thai I again received the same reply in perfectly articulated English.

I looked around for a uniform, and, seeing none, decided the best way I could help these abused street slaves and trafficked children was to fire off a couple of photographs and write about it, in the hope of stirring someone’s conscience somewhere, who CAN do something more effective about it.

Full story and pictures HERE

--IN PATTAYA NOW 2012-01-11

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]