Surin - Ubon Internet Problems

Farma

Just a heads up if you're experiencing internet problems.

Our area has experienced internet problems over the past week. Numerous calls to TOT haven't helped until today when they finally admitted they're experiencing a heavy workload replacing 3 stolen cables. Unfortunately they couldn't give an estimate when service will be back to normal.

Disagree zzaa09

I have found that the internet in Thailand has worked more often and at greater speed consistency then they ever did back in Australia. Their prices are also 1/3 of what I used to pay. Thai internet is the ducks nucks and the bees knees as far as I am concerned.

Disagree zzaa09

I have found that the internet in Thailand has worked more often and at greater speed consistency then they ever did back in Australia. Their prices are also 1/3 of what I used to pay. Thai internet is the ducks nucks and the bees knees as far as I am concerned.

An Oz friend recently made a trip home and he too said that the service here was far better and cheaper than in Australia. My 3B service in Ubon is extremely reliable too.

Bees knees I know, but "ducks nucks"? That's a new one on me!

Elwood

Disagree zzaa09

An Oz friend recently made a trip home and he too said that the service here was far better and cheaper than in Australia. My 3B service in Ubon is extremely reliable too.

Bees knees I know, but "ducks nucks"? That's a new one on me!

Elwood

Aussie internet language? whistling.gif

Jay, bring your laptop and mobile phone and sign up for an unlimited usage package for one month only with AIS. Their main office is just down the road from you and if you are unsure how to do it take your laptop, phone and about 800 baht to them and they will do the rest. It obviously wont be broadband speed but if you just need it for keeping an eye on things back home then it would be perfect. If you wanted to get broadband set up at your place it could also be done within a couple of days and the cost would be around the same per month also but you would have to commit to some kind of minimum contract (12 months).

Jay, bring your laptop and mobile phone and sign up for an unlimited usage package for one month only with AIS. Their main office is just down the road from you and if you are unsure how to do it take your laptop, phone and about 800 baht to them and they will do the rest. It obviously wont be broadband speed but if you just need it for keeping an eye on things back home then it would be perfect. If you wanted to get broadband set up at your place it could also be done within a couple of days and the cost would be around the same per month also but you would have to commit to some kind of minimum contract (12 months).

Cheers for that. I'll give AIS a go just to keep upto date with my emails. The hotspots around Ubon were quite good before for web browsing over a coffee. Who has wifi these days memock? Last time I used the coffee shop next to the Ubon International (Nevada) hotel but there are probably more available now around town.

Peppers has free wifi. Wrong Way as well. Lobby/Restaurant/coffee shop at Sunee. I am sure there are plenty others but once you have your phone set up then you find you will just end up using that connected to your lap top. Unless of course you want to download some big files then you do what I did last week and head to Peppers for a few coffees and some great breakfast and download to your hearts content!

Peppers has free wifi. Wrong Way as well. Lobby/Restaurant/coffee shop at Sunee. I am sure there are plenty others but once you have your phone set up then you find you will just end up using that connected to your lap top. Unless of course you want to download some big files then you do what I did last week and head to Peppers for a few coffees and some great breakfast and download to your hearts content!

Thanks Memock. Is the AIS and phone GPRS or a faster service like 3G?