Ko Chang Scooters

lazerguy

Hi,

I'm going to Ko Chang for a few days with a friend and we plan on renting scooters. Which place(s) do you recommend?

Ideally where the ferry drops us off.

Also what's the nicest beach there? Where should we go if we don't want to be in the quiet part of the island?

Edited by lazerguy

Hi, I think all of the rental places are much the same and charge around the same price 150 Baht for a small automatic. Be aware they will hold your passport against damage. If you can handle gears then go for a semi automatic such as a honda dream or wave as the savings in fuel will be significant. If you have been there before you will know Ko Chang has a lot of steep hills and sharp curves so take care! The busiest place to stay would be White Sands which is the first big beach after you get of the ferry. It has reasonably priced accomodation, try Fifteen Palms or Paddy Palms, a great beach, cheap seafood restaurants in the evening on the beach, lots of beach bars and a night club. Ko Chang is one of my favourite places in Thailand, Enjoy your trip.

I'm not sure they have a rental place where the ferry is. You would might have to head to White Sand Beach, which is the biggest place on the island. Lots of places to rent there.

Be very careful. Many accidents there. Luckily, it's not the rainy season.

If you have not ridden scooters often, then get an automatic one, the most powerful the better especially if you will not be riding alone as you will need power on those hills...and visit the other side of the island..lovely country side.

Hi, I think all of the rental places are much the same and charge around the same price 150 Baht for a small automatic. Be aware they will hold your passport against damage. If you can handle gears

I would advise finding a shop that takes a photocopy of your passport rather than leaving the actual thing with them. I've rented many times and most of them have just taken photocopies.

No scooter rentals at the ferry piers.

Get a Song Taew (pickup truck taxi) and head south to White Sand Beach, Lonely Beach or Bang Bao.

Find an accomodation and then rent a scooter.

As earlier mentioned it's always a good idea to keep a copies of your passport when you travel.