One 2 Call Melody Song

Wiseguy

I been wondering as well. The missus has 12call and in the past when I dialed her phone I could hear it ringing. Suddenly out of the blue the ringing was no longer there and you hear music instead of ring ring. I asked her about it but obviously she wasn't aware cause she don't dial her own number. In fact she was surprised when she heard the music and she didn't have a clue how it got on her phone.

I been wondering as well. The missus has 12call and in the past when I dialed her phone I could hear it ringing. Suddenly out of the blue the ringing was no longer there and you hear music instead of ring ring. I asked her about it but obviously she wasn't aware cause she don't dial her own number. In fact she was surprised when she heard the music and she didn't have a clue how it got on her phone.

Does she hear music when she dials out to any other 1-2 call numbers? I use 1-2 call and only hear music when somebody has downloaded it on to their phone. Maybe one of her friends did it for her. My gf has music, but it was downloaded for her by a friend, and she's on DTAC.

This is why I kissed AIS goodbye...

First they sent me an SMS in Thai which my telephone couldn't read... after a short time another one and, hello, my phone had the stupid song, charged with 30฿ a month. Aholes, loosing a 6 year- customer :o .

I hate jokes like this :D .

Patex

If we are discussing "calling melodies" then these are not "downloaded". Calling melodies are music that you choose (for a fee) to have played for the calling party (the other person who is calling your mobile phone) to listen to while their call to you is being connected. So you, as the called party would select and enable a tune for others to hear. This is done at a central location and has nothing to do with your mobile, unlike ringtones, which are the sounds you hear when your phone rings. Those are (optionally) downlaodable and somewhat phone-dependent.

If you have not selected a calling melody then the calling party hears, "brrrinng....brrrinng...", when they make a call to you. :o

Dial tone is more or less unheard of with mobile phones.

AIS/1-2-Call Calling Melodies.

Edited by lomatopo

...If you have not selected a calling melody then the calling party hears, "brrrinng....brrrinng..."
I've only opened the 2 SMS from AIS that was it how I got the song :D

Mia phoned me at the same day and was joking about my new connectingsong... (some weeks ago I had to become a little loud with Mias daughter about this matter :o )

Patex

I've only opened the 2 SMS from AIS that was it how I got the song  :D

Mia phoned me at the same day and was joking about my new connectingsong... (some weeks ago I had to become a little loud with Mias daughter about this matter  :o )

Patex

Calling melodies for AIS/1-2-Call subscribers can be enabled on anyone's phone by two methods:

- subscribing directly from the handset by making a call to *789

- subscribing via the mobilelife website (requires registration, then the use of a username and password)

Opening or reading an SMS is not on this list.

It is possible that someone, other than yourself, subscribed to a calling melody on your behalf simply by using your handset. I think this may be a new way of playing a practical joke on someone. :D

If you are unhappy just drop AIS/1-2-Call an email [email protected] , or call from your phone, 1175 or 02-271-9000.

...It is possible that someone, other than yourself, subscribed to a calling melody on your behalf simply by using your handset...
No way, it was as I said.

Use already HUTCH for the most time, only kept the AIS number for some old friends and when beeing somewhere where HUTCH have no signal.

Patex

• 3 years later...

Realize this is an old thread, but I've a related question which I hope a poster can answer: If I purchase a pre-paid sim card, will I be able to activate a melody with the sim card's company? So when I have a caller they'll hear a song instead of the normal ringing sound?

Edited by somchaismith

Realize this is an old thread, but I've a related question which I hope a poster can answer: If I purchase a pre-paid sim card, will I be able to activate a melody with the sim card's company? So when I have a caller they'll hear a song instead of the normal ringing sound?

Lots of people I call have music playing. Not sure which provider(s). At one point on AIS I set up voicemail with music. There was a monthly fee for the voicemail so not sure if the music was just part of the deal or free.