Isaan, Farmers Idea Exchange - Meet-Up No. 3

bergen

Welcome all to the 3. Isaan Farmers Idea exchange gathering.

The meeting is not only for professional farmers, (most of us are far from) but for anyone who are curious about, and enjoy the nature, whether it's animals, trees, flowers, veggies, grass, herbs or just the fresh air!

As I am appointed the humble host of the meeting, - I'm happy to provide you all with some basic info!

Date:- Saturday 11th. February 2012.

The 1. meeting was held at IsaanAussies place in Khu Khan, Sisaket.

The 2. meeting was at AA1's location in Sangkha, Surin.

This 3. gathering will be at our farm down in the firing line and close to the Cambodian border in Ubon Ratchathani Province.

Time, as with IA and AA1:- Any time in the morning.

Meeting place

We live in Ubon, just across the province border from Sisaket and just outside of our small small village Non Yang.

Our farm goes along road 2248, where Nam Yun is 13 km east, and rd 221 connecting Khao Phra Viharn National park (25 km away) , Kantharalak (45km away) and Sisaket City (100 km away) - is 20 km westI

"Plan"

There will be free lunch on offer from 12.00, cold beer (let me know which one you want) will be available at cost price.

All topics are open for discussion, so be prepared for an interesting day/evening.

We'll have a look around the farm when we think everyone has arrived, or several walks if wanted.

There will be some special meals on offer in the evening, but food can also be ordered from our Thai/European restaurant menu at any time!

Accomodation

Will be organized if required, at the approximate price of 400,- baht/night, some rooms maybe a little moore.

We have some rooms at our farm, and there's a small "newish resort 6 km down the road towards Nam Yun.

First comes - first gets, or pm me if you want to book in advance.

I'm indeed looking forward to the event - so hope to se many "old" and new faces!

And if I haven't said it before..........A very Happy and prosperous New Year to everybody! biggrin.png

Ps. More info, pics and maps, can be found on our website - see my profile.

Trond

• Like 1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Bergen,

I'm a newbie here.

And I'm not farming yet. But hope to be Moved into the new house by no later than July in a small village near Renu Nakhon. I'm hoping that it would be alright for a new comer who isn't farming yet to come to this event. I would definetly like to talk to others who have had success farming in Isaan.

Thank you,

RichardNRenu

Hello Bergen,

I'm a newbie here.

And I'm not farming yet. But hope to be Moved into the new house by no later than July in a small village near Renu Nakhon. I'm hoping that it would be alright for a new comer who isn't farming yet to come to this event. I would definetly like to talk to others who have had success farming in Isaan.

Thank you,

RichardNRenu

You are very welcome Richard.

This is an event for people who wants to meet other people, and share thoughts and interests! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen,

Thanks for the invite. I (plus Ting) would love to come on the 11th. As we unfortunately have to go to that hell hole of Bangkok for the weekend before so it will make it even more of a pleasure to meet up with you and the others in the peace and quiet (as long as we don't need the bomb shelters!!) in an area of Isaan we have not been to before and see all you have bulit up there.

Please book us one of your lovely rooms (with a large bed) for the night of the 11th. and much look forward to seeing you again that morning.

AA1.

Hi Bergen,

Thanks for the invite. I (plus Ting) would love to come on the 11th. As we unfortunately have to go to that hell hole of Bangkok for the weekend before so it will make it even more of a pleasure to meet up with you and the others in the peace and quiet (as long as we don't need the bomb shelters!!) in an area of Isaan we have not been to before and see all you have bulit up there.

Please book us one of your lovely rooms (with a large bed) for the night of the 11th. and much look forward to seeing you again that morning.

AA1.

Looking forward to seeing you and the mrs. Anthony.

Will reserve a room for you! biggrin.png

Hi Bergen. I'm also a newbie. I contacted someone after the last meeting to say I would come. My house is in Kantharalak so I am not far from you. I am not a heavy drinker but have an ocational 1 or 2 or 3 every now and then. I am interested in worn farming and aquaponics. Book me in a single room either at your place or the establishment up the road. Leave it for you to decide. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I am in BKK at the moment but should be back at my house in a week or two. David

Hi Bergen. I'm also a newbie. I contacted someone after the last meeting to say I would come. My house is in Kantharalak so I am not far from you. I am not a heavy drinker but have an ocational 1 or 2 or 3 every now and then. I am interested in worn farming and aquaponics. Book me in a single room either at your place or the establishment up the road. Leave it for you to decide. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I am in BKK at the moment but should be back at my house in a week or two. David

Looking forward to meeting you David!

You don't have to be a heavy drinker - non of us are...........whistling.gif

Will book a room for you! biggrin.png

Edited by bergen

Hello Bergen.

Thank you for the invite. Please book a room with a large bed for me and the Mrs. at your place or somewhere close by if you're rooms are full. Also looking forward to meeting everone.

Cheers,

Richard

Your room is booked Richard!

Looking forward to seeing you! biggrin.png

Thanks Bergen, Looking forward to some intertesting coversations. Is the worm farmer from Roiet comming? I noticed that The Worm Man from Australia is still operating in Malaysia and he still has Thailand showing on his web site.

Hi Bergen, David Mault here again. I just looked at your map and it looks like I don't live all that far from you. I actually live in Bahn Kok, Thung Yai. You seem to live closer to the boarder than I do. You ould only be 20 minutes drive from Khantharalak town. I am 20 minutes the otherside of town. See you Soon.

Hi Bergen, David Mault here again. I just looked at your map and it looks like I don't live all that far from you. I actually live in Bahn Kok, Thung Yai. You seem to live closer to the boarder than I do. You ould only be 20 minutes drive from Khantharalak town. I am 20 minutes the otherside of town. See you Soon.

Hi David

As said in a previous post - I'm 45 km from Kantharalak city and it takes me around 30 minutes to drive. biggrin.png

Hi David

As said in a previous post - I'm 45 km from Kantharalak city and it takes me around 30 minutes to drive. biggrin.png

At a hundred and 40 km an hour. Sorry I will miss this one. Jim

Hi David

Have you managed to contact I.A. Have you got his number? I've got it if you need it GB

Hi David

Have you managed to contact I.A. Have you got his number? I've got it if you need it GB

No I have not contacted him - don't have his number - so if you can call him or pm me the number it'll be great! biggrin.png

Edited by bergen

Thanks Bergen, Looking forward to some intertesting coversations. Is the worm farmer from Roiet comming? I noticed that The Worm Man from Australia is still operating in Malaysia and he still has Thailand showing on his web site.

Yes, the WormFarmer from Roi Et will be going to the meeting, he just hasn't got around to signing up yet. I'll tell you about the Worm Man from Australia when we meet,

Bergen please count me and TW in for 11 Feb, and book us a room, there may be four of us as I have my brother from UK staying so maybe they'll come too - I'll confirm numbers later.

Yes, the WormFarmer from Roi Et will be going to the meeting, he just hasn't got around to signing up yet. I'll tell you about the Worm Man from Australia when we meet,

Bergen please count me and TW in for 11 Feb, and book us a room, there may be four of us as I have my brother from UK staying so maybe they'll come too - I'll confirm numbers later.

WF 1 room is booked - looking forward to seeing you again! biggrin.png

We will ride down on my motorbike from Chaing Mai. Please reserve at the nicest place room with 2 single beds not too far away. Happy to pay in advance.

TP

TP 1 room is reserved. 2 single beds might be a problem - double bed is the norm...... unsure.png

Looking forward to meeting you! biggrin.png

Edited by bergen

Thanks Bergen, My brother won't be coming so we only need just the one double room for me and my wife, Kaew, - but please make it a room with a bathroom en-siute, not a communal one down the corridor as I think some of yours are - at my age I need to go pee once or twice during the night! wacko.png

Thanks Bergen, My brother won't be coming so we only need just the one double room for me and my wife, Kaew, - but please make it a room with a bathroom en-siute, not a communal one down the corridor as I think some of yours are - at my age I need to go pee once or twice during the night! wacko.png

Hi Bergen,

Should have thought of that problem myself - en-suite as well for us if poss!!!! WF's mind is obviously still working at full power whereas mine is on the downward slope!

AA1

Hi Bergen,

Should have thought of that problem myself - en-suite as well for us if poss!!!! WF's mind is obviously still working at full power whereas mine is on the downward slope!

AA1

WF & AA1 - your requests are noted and will be taken care of! biggrin.png

Edited by bergen

Hi Bergen,

AA1

WF & AA1 - your requests are noted and will be taken care of! biggrin.png

Memories of younger days --- still up in the night, using the same equipment, but a different liquid. Now it's all P & wind

Edited by grimleybob

hi can you add me plus the boss ie the wife comeing from kalasin area also accom with on suit

cheers see you in a couple of weeks

Welcome Peter - your room is reserved! biggrin.png