Grass Seed In Pattaya

JusticeFT96

Grass seed is available in Thailand,only problem is that you will not know what you get.I just ordered Japanese grass but when it got delivered it was in unmarked bags and the seed didn't look even close to how they were supposed to look.

Had also another source from Bangkok who said was similar to Bermuda grass,the next day they said it was similar to Japanese grass and the day after that they said it was sports grass.Passed by the shop when I was in Bangkok and looked at the can which said " Lawn grass seed" and had a drawing of a chinese budha on it.

I heard they ask at the moment 150 Baht/m² for grass sods on the market next to mini siam,up from 25 Baht 2 months ago.Of course they don't take advantage of the flood victims who are reinstalling their lawns now.

Since you have lawn installed already,the easiest way would be to cut out some pieces of a few square cm and relocate them to the places in need,place them like a mosaic and you will be surprised how quickly it grows together again.

Grass seed is available in Thailand,only problem is that you will not know what you get.I just ordered Japanese grass but when it got delivered it was in unmarked bags and the seed didn't look even close to how they were supposed to look.

Had also another source from Bangkok who said was similar to Bermuda grass,the next day they said it was similar to Japanese grass and the day after that they said it was sports grass.Passed by the shop when I was in Bangkok and looked at the can which said " Lawn grass seed" and had a drawing of a chinese budha on it.

I heard they ask at the moment 150 Baht/m² for grass sods on the market next to mini siam,up from 25 Baht 2 months ago.Of course they don't take advantage of the flood victims who are reinstalling their lawns now.

Since you have lawn installed already,the easiest way would be to cut out some pieces of a few square cm and relocate them to the places in need,place them like a mosaic and you will be surprised how quickly it grows together again.

I might do that, do you have any website for odering online or was it done over the phone? I seen they have the grass you can buy ready for you to lay down but I am a lazy sod and most of the time I end up ruining the garden.

Smoke it. Get high... Rock n Roll!!

Oops. Wrong grass, again

Yeah, I also jumped in hoping to get an ego boost moderating this thread and got caught in cold rain ....laugh.png

sent from my Android phone

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Funny how this happens. I was looking for grass seed a few months back and eventually found some in the garden market opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. It was 400 baht a tin though. Which is only about a 1Litre tin. Thought it a bit steep but then you cant actually buy any seed as far as I could see anywhere else.

Market is only open Friday's Saturday's Sunday's.

Typically, grass seed is not used in the tropics. If you do find some in the market it will probably be some low grade stuff from china and may not take, but you never know, some years back there was some bermudagrass developed in the US that produced a viable seed.

The most common native grass variety here is Zoysia Matrella. Sometimes incorrectly called Japanese grass. There are two types, the other is Zoysia japonica but does not grow here. Do as mentioned in a post above, cut out sprigs, or plugs from your existing grass and plant them where you need them. Make sure you try to eliminate compaction and apply some 15-15-15 fertilizer and keep the newly planted area wet until established....1-2 months should give complete coverage.

Funny how this happens. I was looking for grass seed a few months back and eventually found some in the garden market opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. It was 400 baht a tin though. Which is only about a 1Litre tin. Thought it a bit steep but then you cant actually buy any seed as far as I could see anywhere else.

Thank you, I will go look there shortly when the baby wakes up again.

Thank you, I will go look there shortly when the baby wakes up again.

You should do some research before you buy the seed,like you should know which grass you have currently in your lawn as it is not a good idea to mix bermuda with other kinds of grass.

Bermuda for example is very agressive and will overgrow other grass kinds.

It grows in the sun but will not in shaded areas.

You will have to cut it once a week as it grows very fast.

They had grass seed last week in homeworks next to big C south Pattaya. Small bags!

Went to homeworks today for the grass seed,but as I expected it was a waste of time as they didn't have and never had as well.

I asked them in Thai so there could not be a misunderstanding.

Lenny

Where you buy your turf ?

If you go south from Pattaya towards Satthahip on Sukhumvit, through Bang Saray, about 4Ks you come to a set of traffic lights - left to Mapthaput, right takes you into the navy base, do a U turn there and about 100m on your way back at the side of the road you will see a garden centre, it's the first one on your way back. If you want a big lot - order from her and they can drop at your site.

I have used the same place for years and the lady was so apologetic at the price increase, but i explained to my client for this job and he was happy to pay the extra, just wanted his house finishing.

Forget about the jokers beside Mini Siam next to McDonald's on the weekends, they are all OTT, still quoting 80Bt plus this weekend!!!

• Like 1

Lenny

Where you buy your turf ?

If you go south from Pattaya towards Satthahip on Sukhumvit, through Bang Saray, about 4Ks you come to a set of traffic lights - left to Mapthaput, right takes you into the navy base, do a U turn there and about 100m on your way back at the side of the road you will see a garden centre, it's the first one on your way back. If you want a big lot - order from her and they can drop at your site.

I have used the same place for years and the lady was so apologetic at the price increase, but i explained to my client for this job and he was happy to pay the extra, just wanted his house finishing.

Forget about the jokers beside Mini Siam next to McDonald's on the weekends, they are all OTT, still quoting 80Bt plus this weekend!!!

80 Baht is a bargain,two weeks ago they were quoting 150 Baht at that market.