U.S. launches probe into video of U.S. Marines urinating on Afghan corpses

News_Editor

you can do your own internet searches, but i am sure no amount of truth you may find will sway you,

but should you have honor, and search for the truth with an open mind, you might possibly find the truth, good luck

You are making a claim as fact and I'm asking you to provide proof. From my reading the reports it is unclear who the fighters were.

As an example, here is my link indicating they don't know if the dead were in fact Taliban. True some reports just state they are Taliban as it is assumed but in fact no one has found out yet. But as you say, up to you to open your mind if you want to find the truth.

It is not clear who the dead Afghans are. They are possibly Taliban fighters but their corpses are not shown with weapons.

http://www.guardian....s?newsfeed=true

you would not remove weapons from them, even if you thought they were dead? you would not last long in any war

You completely miss the point. It has not been confirmed they are Taliban, they could be civilian insurgents. It is obvious you just want to believe what you wish.

But to save the argument, lets say they were in fact Taliban. Does that make it ok for their bodies to be pissed on?

Many don't think so, including the military where the deputy commander of troops in afghanistan called the episode a 'grave breach'.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/corpse-abuse-a-war-crime-20120114-1q0j1.html

• Like 1

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can do your own internet searches, but i am sure no amount of truth you may find will sway you,

but should you have honor, and search for the truth with an open mind, you might possibly find the truth, good luck

You are making a claim as fact and I'm asking you to provide proof. From my reading the reports it is unclear who the fighters were.

As an example, here is my link indicating they don't know if the dead were in fact Taliban. True some reports just state they are Taliban as it is assumed but in fact no one has found out yet. But as you say, up to you to open your mind if you want to find the truth.

It is not clear who the dead Afghans are. They are possibly Taliban fighters but their corpses are not shown with weapons.

you would not remove weapons from them, even if you thought they were dead? you would not last long in any war

You completely miss the point. It has not been confirmed they are Taliban, they could be civilian insurgents. It is obvious you just want to believe what you wish.

But to save the argument, lets say they were in fact Taliban. Does that make it ok for their bodies to be pissed on?

Many don't think so, including the military where the deputy commander of troops in afghanistan called the episode a 'grave breach'.

http://www.smh.com.a...0114-1q0j1.html

highly doubtful they were a group of catholic nuns or priests

maybe their organization should put one of the many members of their organisation on trial and convicts them of their very real and horrendous war crimes, then they can cry foul,

maybe their organization should put one of the many members of their organisation on trial and convicts them of their very real and horrendous war crimes, then they can cry foul,

I don't care if they are Satan incarnate, that wasn't what I asked.

No one cares what the Taliban think of this. No one has said the Taliban should not face war crimes for what they do/did. This isn't about the Taliban, this is about the behaviour of our soldiers. This is about what WE in the west think is acceptable behaviour of our troops.

So why don't you just answer the question I asked....do you think it is acceptable behaviour for the soldiers to piss on a corpse?

• Like 1

The NATO troops would not be there had not members of their organization not attacked America, the UK, Spain, etc etc etc but you knew that already,

this organization does attack countries that are not theirs all the time across the planet, not only the usa, but even here in southern thailand, again, you knew that already, they are the perps, don't hate the victims for fighting back

NATO is merely a puppet of America.

One day America will be punished for it's war crimes.

America has declared war on the Muslim world, logically, it is totally in order for Muslims to kill Americans wherever they can find them.

PS

I don't agree with anyone killing anyone else for any reason. On any troops entering foreign soil for any reason.

America has not declared war on Muslims, don't be naive enough to believe the jihadist rhetoric, indeed their fighting a proxy war on behalf of the Arab league in Libya proves this.

No one cares what the Taliban think of this. No one has said the Taliban should not face war crimes for what they do/did. This isn't about the Taliban, this is about the behaviour of our soldiers. This is about what WE in the west think is acceptable behaviour of our troops.

So why don't you just answer the question I asked....do you think it is acceptable behaviour for the soldiers to piss on a corpse?

you have never served on the front lines and lost many of your comrades to an enemy that routinely commits severe war crimes on them, have you, until you have, i doubt you will know if you would react any different from any of these guys,

you have never served on the front lines and lost many of your comrades to an enemy that routinely commits severe war crimes on them, have you, until you have, i doubt you will know if you would react any different from any of these guys,

It would depend on my rank. As a soldier; I would walk away and go have a smoke. As an NCO; I would tell them to stop immediately. As an officer; I would give them an official reprimand. If I was the commanding general they would be in the brig.

• Like 2

It would depend on my rank. As a soldier; I would walk away and go have a smoke. As an NCO; I would tell them to stop immediately. As an officer; I would give them an official reprimand. If I was the commanding general they would be in the brig.

you can say what you would do all you want, until you are in it, you have no idea what you will do,

right now all you know is what you would like to think you would do and pass judgement on others

you can say what you would do all you want, until you are in it, you have no idea what you will do,

right now all you know is what you would like to think you would do and pass judgement on others

And those that have served on the front lines deplore what the soldiers did.

No matter how many times I ask the question you will just refuse to answer, of course you have every right not to answer, just as I have every right to now summise you are either trolling or consider war crimes acceptable.

I wonder if you have the same view when a US soldier is dismembered and dragged around the streets. You should, after all, unless anyone is on the front line they wouldn't know what is acceptable.

At least commanders have stood up to say it is not acceptable, and they ARE on the front line.

• Like 1

I served in Vietnam as a soldier and NCO. I know what I would do. I also know what the general would do.

I've never been a soldier but even I know pissing on corpses is on the mild side of war crimes, historically speaking.

I don't necessarily disagree with you. I just thought I would be hard pressed to find anyone that thought it acceptable, I was wrong, I've found one quite easily.

I served in Vietnam as a soldier and NCO. I know what I would do. I also know what the general would do.

Thank you for your service. drunk.gif

Since we are into this. Does anyone know what soldiers do with dead enemy bodies? I do. But I am older than dirt and things may have changed.

Depends upon circumstances. we were taught to leave bodies in the field if there was a risk of infection or personal safety. I expect that this holds true for combat personnel. You may recall the big problem US forces had when they burnt some Taliban bodies. Big no no. The muslims said it was an affront as the bodies had to be buried within 24 hours and not cremated. According to the health and safety guidelines such an action was acceptable. The guidelines were changed.

My understanding is that the bodies are to be turned over to the locals if someone claims them. If not, the remains are to be identified as best is possible, including taking DNA samples for some operations, and then disposed of in an appropriate manner. Combat personnel are not expected to bag and carry corpses.

As an aside, does anyone recall the recent scandal in the USA where the remains of US service personnel were sent to garbage dumps and landfills? Apparently, this involved hundreds of leftovers, such as bits and pieces of bodies that were not identified.

so how long have you been pro slavery, pro wife beating, pro child brides, pro genocide of innocent people, pro forced over breeding, pro apartheid countries, pro world domination by totalitarian theocracy and against human rights, against freedom of speech, against equal rights, against the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights

just curious

There is a difference between defending one's country and invading another country.

Many of the items you have listed seem to be sadly lacking in modern day America.

Pissing on the bodies of people you killed while defending THEIR country can hardly be considered the act of a civilised nation.

You are assuming the dead were Afghans and not Pakistani or other foreign fighters. You are also forgetting that there are plenty of Afghans who don't want the Taliban (foreign or domestic fighters) running Afghanistan.

Since they don't know who they are, how do they know they are even Afghans? Could be foreign fighters. NATO aren't the only foreigners fighting over there.

you don't condemn the men that are fighting the evil war criminals, human rights abuser and criminals against humanity,

no matter how flawed, you thank them for their sacrifice,

Better go tell the commanders they have it all wrong then. Better get those that tortured prisoners in Abu Ghraib released from prison. Better get those involved in the My Lai massacre out on parade so we can beg forgiveness and pin medals on them for valour.

While we're at it how about we send medals to all the Taliban as they too consider the west to be evil war criminals and human rights abusers.

I wonder why we need all those rules of engagement and a war crimes tribunal and military court. No one has ever done anything wrong and we should just be thanking them profusely.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, you should still know what is right and what is wrong.

Whatever you are on, I hope I never take it.

And still 9 pages later the U.S haters are rattling on about the same incident whilst radicals continue to murder people by the dozens elsewhere. It's a good job Julian Assange didn't urinate on someone or the Thaivisa servers would never have handled the flow of indignation.

And still 9 pages later the U.S haters are rattling on about the same incident whilst radicals continue to murder people by the dozens elsewhere. It's a good job Julian Assange didn't urinate on someone or the Thaivisa servers would never have handled the flow of indignation.

do you mean radicals with drones and hellfire missiles?

• Like 1

I think that he is talking specifically about posters who always have vile, negative things to say about the US and never anything positive. There are certainly a number of members that the term "U.S. haters" applies to.

Edited by Ulysses G.

So now anyone that thinks that pissing on a corpse is wrong is automatically a US hater. It is either acceptable or it isn't, nothing to do with hating the US. I don't see anyone defending the Taliban, but aren't we there to win the hearts and minds of the people so they will want to be more like us in the west? If we go in there to try and change things for the better wouldn't you think it wise to actually act like we are better? Then ends do not justify the means.

It seems to me that the more the coalition want to go into other countries and force them to be more like us in the west, the more us in the west become more like them. Quite ironic.

• Like 1