U.S. launches probe into video of U.S. Marines urinating on Afghan corpses

News_Editor

Perhaps it might be a good idea if all of us stopped using words which are known triggers and started speaking whatever version of English we're used to without attempting to bait anyone else?

Not to mention that this thread is about US soldiers pissing on a corpse. It isn't a thread about how bad the Taliban are, it isn't a thread about how bad anyone else is. Everyone knows how bad they are so no real need to state the bleeding obvious.

So what the hell do people expect to be discussed on a thread about US soldiers, anything else is off topic.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And still 9 pages later the U.S haters are rattling on about the same incident whilst radicals continue to murder people by the dozens elsewhere. It's a good job Julian Assange didn't urinate on someone or the Thaivisa servers would never have handled the flow of indignation.

This is more than implied.

We have posts which will soon be headed to the cyber garbage bin and a few posters will likely be headed in the same direction.

It's the same group of posters who have long ago left the essence of the topic and do nothing more than make continuous digs at each other.

And still 9 pages later the U.S haters are rattling on about the same incident whilst radicals continue to murder people by the dozens elsewhere. It's a good job Julian Assange didn't urinate on someone or the Thaivisa servers would never have handled the flow of indignation.

do you mean radicals with drones and hellfire missiles?

Urine washes out evil doesn't.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/43893

In case you haven’t heard some US soldiers might have urinated on dead Taliban fighters. Hopefully they did it facing in the direction away from Mecca, as American soldiers have been ordered to do to avoid offending Muslims, and that the dead Taliban didn’t have Korans in their pockets at the time or it’ll be a holy war. Oh, wait, it already is a holy war.

you don't condemn the men that are fighting the evil war criminals, human rights abuser and criminals against humanity,

no matter how flawed, you thank them for their sacrifice,

Better go tell the commanders they have it all wrong then. Better get those that tortured prisoners in Abu Ghraib released from prison. Better get those involved in the My Lai massacre out on parade so we can beg forgiveness and pin medals on them for valour.

While we're at it how about we send medals to all the Taliban as they too consider the west to be evil war criminals and human rights abusers.

I wonder why we need all those rules of engagement and a war crimes tribunal and military court. No one has ever done anything wrong and we should just be thanking them profusely.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, you should still know what is right and what is wrong.

Whatever you are on, I hope I never take it.

you keep that warm fussy thought while you end up living under their brutal totalitarianism

knowing that, well at least we punished the pissing marines, even if we lost th war and now i am stuck in this hell

you will be wishing to hell their were more like them willing to fight and defeat them,

unless of course, you are one of them

Edited by wxyz

http://www.canadafre...p/article/43893

they might have been disinfecting them

you don't condemn the men that are fighting the evil war criminals, human rights abuser and criminals against humanity,

no matter how flawed, you thank them for their sacrifice,

Better go tell the commanders they have it all wrong then. Better get those that tortured prisoners in Abu Ghraib released from prison. Better get those involved in the My Lai massacre out on parade so we can beg forgiveness and pin medals on them for valour.

While we're at it how about we send medals to all the Taliban as they too consider the west to be evil war criminals and human rights abusers.

I wonder why we need all those rules of engagement and a war crimes tribunal and military court. No one has ever done anything wrong and we should just be thanking them profusely.

No matter what situation you find yourself in, you should still know what is right and what is wrong.

Whatever you are on, I hope I never take it.

you keep that warm fussy thought while you end up living under their brutal totalitarianism

knowing that, well at least we punished the pissing marines, even if we lost th war and now i am stuck in this hell

you will be wishing to hell their were more like them willing to fight and defeat them,

There are thousands of soldiers doing the right thing, do you think it will make a difference if a couple are sent packing for breaching military law?

Why is it the thousands of soldiers fighting valiantly for us are able to do so with honor, within the law, without the need to desecrate a corpse?

Fighting and defeating the enemy has nothing to do with pissing on them when they are dead. But it is obvious you don't know the difference between right and wrong.

By the way, no need to answer the question I put to you so many times as it is obvious you think descrating the dead is acceptable. You are in a very small minority of course because even the military considers it repugnant. So you are against your own military.

Do you also want those that tortured the prisoners at Abu Ghraib to be released and thanked for their good service? I know you won't answer that, questions are too difficult aren't they.

http://www.canadafre...p/article/43893

they might have been disinfecting them

I'm sure you won't mind if the Taliban urinates on any of your family if they are killed in combat. After all, they are fighting evil and you can't be judgmental to those in the front line.

I hope you've been writing lots of letters to your government to get rid of rules of engagement, military tribunals, Geneva Convention. We can't have those silly laws getting in the way of a good pissing contest.

Wow............that is quite a hyper jump of rationalization there.

I am not really even sure what it means............

Do you mean if we dont allow such conduct we the western hemisphere will be

living under their....errrr......"brutal totalitarianism" as you put it?

That if we dont allow such conduct or if we even complain that it is not indicative of our nation...

Then some how.... some way ......this rag tag group of fighters who are confined to their country will grow wings?

An Air Force? A Navy? Forces that will take over life as we know it? We will be living under "brutal Totalitarianism".........ohmy.png

Wow Scary......................Not in the light of day/reality though.

• Like 1

Much ado about nothing. A stupid prank by a few nitwits, but urinating on dead terrorists is nothing compared to the egregious acts of violence perpetrated against women by the Taliban, including rape, abduction, and forced marriage.

This is not a good justification for the action.

• Like 1

I'm sure you won't mind if the Taliban urinates on any of your family if they are killed in combat. After all, they are fighting evil and you can't be judgmental to those in the front line.

I hope you've been writing lots of letters to your government to get rid of rules of engagement, military tribunals, Geneva Convention. We can't have those silly laws getting in the way of a good pissing contest.

Killed in combat, you make it sound so noble. Well if my family had been torturing and murdering people in the most horrific ways just because of them not being devout enough then regretfully I would have to recognize where the contempt came from.

Suffice to say U.S marines in the overwhelming majority are far closer to the 'Good' end of the spectrum than their adversaries and I think most objective viewers would conclude the same. Concentrating an immense amount of scrutiny on one stupid and crass act only serves to try and blur the clear moral difference between the two groups.

Killed in combat, you make it sound so noble. Well if my family had been torturing and murdering people in the most horrific ways just because of them not being devout enough then regretfully I would have to recognize where the contempt came from.

Suffice to say U.S marines in the overwhelming majority are far closer to the 'Good' end of the spectrum than their adversaries and I think most objective viewers would conclude the same. Concentrating an immense amount of scrutiny on one stupid and crass act only serves to try and blur the clear moral difference between the two groups.

The only ones blurring the clear moral difference between the two groups are the Marines who acted in this way.

At least you recognise it as being the wrong thing to do, not to hang them out to dry, but just that it is wrong. That seems a bit difficult for wxyz to understand.

i wouldn't care if they were a dozen convicted murderers, as long as they are killing the enemy

"The Dirty Dozen" (1967)

A US Army Major is assigned a dozen convicted murderers to train and lead them into a mass assassination mission of German officers in World War II.

Semper Fi!

A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago - there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine.

General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

i wouldn't care if they were a dozen convicted murderers, as long as they are killing the enemy

"The Dirty Dozen" (1967)

A US Army Major is assigned a dozen convicted murderers to train and lead them into a mass assassination mission of German officers in World War II.

I was at a base camp where a few men had pet dogs. We got a new CO who didn't like the dogs. He gave the troops a week to get rid of the dogs. One of the guys fragged the new CO. What would you have done? Or maybe that is different because the new CO was not the enemy. But the guy who fragged him saw him as the enemy. And the guy wasn't crazy, nor was he alone in his views.

I agree with Geriatrikid, this is an artificially generated storm in a teacup, aided and abetted unfortunately by our press who seem to have difficulty distinguishing between acts perpetrated on living human beings and those at best symbolic

I find it hard to believe that you missed this topic..........

http://www.thaivisa....in-afghanistan/

You want acts perpetrated on living humans?

Watch the BBC documentary posted on the first page of that other topic.

Yeah big Tea Cup that storm you mentioned is in.

I don't know about Thailand but here in the USA & probably the rest of the western world....

this story is on every channel.

It is just another nail in the coffin of what once was our respectability period.

RIP

Nope, I didn't miss that thread and I entirely agree with Bonobo's stance on that issue. Try putting the apples in the apple basket and the pears in the pear basket for a change. Whatever the U.S army did pales into insignificance compared to sundry other regimes and terrorist groups. As for the BBC they are so lib-left they would do anything to discredit the U.S in favour of the most obnoxious groups so take anything they produce with a pinch of salt.

it wasn't a BBC made doc, just to clear that up.

i'm not sure what you could possibly take with a pinch of salt from that vid.

• Like 1

Don't you find that the use of the word 'haters' strangles any legitimate debate when there are two sides to a story? And there always are two sides to a story. 'Haters' always seems to imply that I'm right and you're wrong and that's the way itwill always be.

[/quote.

This is a rare key point among thousands of posts which say very little about anything.

• Like 1

Well...........not that the it is important to me but the title is

Taxi To The Dark Side-BBC Full Length Documentary

So easy to make the mistake...But it is what is inside that is important

It is a good film & others must think so judging from it winning an

Oscar at the 2008 Academy Awards

Gold Hugo at the 2007 Chicago International Film Festival

Won the NBR award in 2007 from the National Board of Review USA

Won an Emmy in 2009 for News & Documentary Category at the Emmy Awards

Won the Best Documentary Feature & Jury Award in 2007 at Ojai Film Festival

Won the 2008 Writers Guild Award of America for Documentary Screenplay Award

So yeah that & a pinch of salt = a ton of credibility wink.png

Edited by flying

Well...........not that the it is important to me but the title is

Taxi To The Dark Side-BBC Full Length Documentary

So easy to make the mistake...But it is what is inside that is important

It is a good film & others must think so judging from it winning an

Oscar at the 2008 Academy Awards

Gold Hugo at the 2007 Chicago International Film Festival

Won the NBR award in 2007 from the National Board of Review USA

Won an Emmy in 2009 for News & Documentary Category at the Emmy Awards

Won the Best Documentary Feature & Jury Award in 2007 at Ojai Film Festival

Won the 2008 Writers Guild Award of America for Documentary Screenplay Award

So yeah that & a pinch of salt = a ton of credibility wink.png

indeed, easy to make the mistake.. that's why i was clearing it up :)

• Like 1

"The Dirty Dozen" (1967)

War Crime! They killed not only the German officers, but their wives and girlfriends too. A nasty death - soaked with gasoline and having grenades dropped on them. I wonder if they would make a movie like that today?

I have been in the military but I can see things that were done wrong in the military. No one is perfect.

It does not make any difference if the enemy is evil or very evil or not evil at all. Who you are fighting does not change right or wrong. It does not change stupidity.

Robert E. Lee was a bright guy but Pickett's charge was dumb. Any soldier with 6 months of battle experience could have told him it was wrong and did. He killed thousands of his own troops because he made a dumb mistake. It doesn't alter the fact that Robert E. Lee was a great general but it does mean he was not perfect. In that instance he was stupid and it cost thousands of lives.

• Like 1

"The Dirty Dozen" (1967)

War Crime! They killed not only the German officers, but their wives and girlfriends too. A nasty death - soaked with gasoline and having grenades dropped on them. I wonder if they would make a movie like that today?

I didn't think The Dirty Dozen was a true story - surely a work of fiction is not being used to justify what these idiots did???

"The Dirty Dozen" (1967)

in a fight to the death in which the enemy has already ignored your beloved geneva convention and are slaughtering men women and children,

it is better to win, than to sit in the enemies death camp and you and your family's only comfort is your moral indignation, good one

the greater crime is to lose the war to such totalitarian thugs, as was cited in ww2

jaywalking to save the world may be a crime, but it is something that can be tolerated over the loss of the world to totalitarian thugs

but you knew that already

Edited by wxyz

One post has been deleted that is in violation of the fair use policy. Please only quote the 1st 3 lines of an article and then a link to the remainder. To do otherwise can be copyright infringement.

"The Dirty Dozen" (1967)

in a fight to the death in which the enemy has already ignored your beloved geneva convention and are slaughtering men women and children,

it is better to win, than to sit in the enemies death camp and you and your family's only comfort is your moral indignation, good one

the greater crime is to lose the war to such totalitarian thugs, as was cited in ww2

jaywalking to save the world may be a crime, but it is something that can be tolerated over the loss of the world to totalitarian thugs

but you knew that already

Just a couple of quick questions that I'm sure you won't answer, as usual.

How does pissing on a dead body help you to win a war?

Are you saying there should be no Geneva Convention?

No rules of engagement?

No code of honor?

I won't hold my breath waiting for any enlightened response.