An Englishman, Irishman And Scotsman

An Englishman, Irishman and Scotsman all go for the same job interview. Upon arrival the employer calls them in to his office one by one, starting with the Englishman. The Englishman enters whilst the employer invites him to sit down. He (the employer) explains he will ask him a few basic, straight forward questions. The first question "If I poked one of your eyes out, what would happen" The Englishman replies "well, I'd be half blind" The employer nods reassuringly "Okay, what happens if I poked the other eye out"? Englishman: "Oh, well, I'd be completely blind" The employer replies, "congratulations, you're right, you've got the job!

Next up is the Scotsman. The employer explains what he expects and gets on with it. "If I poked one of your eyes out, what would happen" Scotsman: "I'd be half blind, I would" Employer "and if I poked the other out"? "well that would leave me totally blind" replies the Scotsman. The employer informs the Scotsman enthusiastically "you've got the job"!

As the Scotsman walks out the Irishman quickly grabs his attention and enquires about the interview "what is he going to ask me"? The Scotsman replies "all you need to know is you'll be half blind, then fully blind", "right, half blind, fully blind, got it" replies the Irishman.

As the Irishman walks in, the employer asks him "If I chopped one of your ears off, what would happen" "I'd be half blind" replies the Irishman, to the employers bemusement. He goes on to ask him "what would happen if I chopped your remaining ear off"? To which the Irishman replies "well, I'd be fully blind" Confused, yet curious as to why this is, the employer asks "and how would this be, sir"? "well, my <deleted> glasses would fall off, wouldn't they"

Edited by Davey