Lickey

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Casey's statement here.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/179814/5/casey_stoner_why_im_leaving_motogp.html

Sounds as if he's pissed off with MotoGP....he has been on top twice so maybe he has a hunger to do something else. Says the birth of his child is not a great influence.

I think he saw the WSBK races at Donnington at the weekend.

his decision is remarkable even because seem a "human" decision, pilots are even simple persons with our same wishes, he recently become father and maybe he want to dedicate time to his family in his home country.

Great pilot and great manclap2.gif

his decision is remarkable even because seem a "human" decision, pilots are even simple persons with our same wishes, he recently become father and maybe he want to dedicate time to his family in his home country.

Great pilot and great manclap2.gif

...not remarkable...

We will have to make the most of watching him this year.

He is certainly not most popular of riders but he is certainly one of the most talented, will he have the passion to win the title?

I think it'll be burning inside him to win it.

Regardless of what happens this season, it will make things very interesting next season.

Lets assume assume Rossi gets a ride on a Yamaha, outside possibility of a Honda but I highly doubt that.

It will put added pressure on him to not have an excuse as to why he couldn't win the title again.

For me it's hard to see him getting past Lorenzo, Pedrosa, I'm not so sure about.

And with the young guns with fire in their belly anything could happen.

It's hard to look at a baby faced Stoner as a retired at the age of 26 in MotoGP, but it's his wishes.

I respect his decision and wish him well in V8 supercars which is the big tip, lets hope he goes better than Wayne Gardner did!!!

Mick Doohan is reported to say that he doesn't think that Casey Stoner will retire at the end of the year.

Perhaps he should just take some time out, like Max Biaggi did?

I wonder what his plans are?

According to some press I read today Rossi, is being tipped to get the ride on the Repsol Honda, that quite surprises me.

If I was Honda I bend over backwards to get Jorge, spaniard on a repsol, which are a huge presence in Spain, I know they have Pedrosa, but I believe without Stoner, Jorge on a Honda would be unstoppable.

I agree I'd like to see Casey have a one season Hiatus and come back to the sport.

Take some time off and do the family thing, hard to see though.

Mick Doohan is reported to say that he doesn't think that Casey Stoner will retire at the end of the year.

Perhaps he should just take some time out, like Max Biaggi did?

I wonder what his plans are?

He's pointing towards his home life as an excuse. He also said that he wasn't enjoying the sport any more - bloody hell he's a hard man to please eh?

I never liked him as a person although he is a fantastic rider, obviously.

Time is a great teller!

Just seen Alex De Angelis lose the front, skate across the gravel then back on the track on his back facing the oncoming bikes. It was one of those "having kittens" moments.

Respect to all the riders that took action to avoid him.............

Mad

Moto 2.

WOW!!

Well done Tom Luthi, at one point it was Brit 3-4-5.

First podium for Scott Redding and points for Keem Wiliarot.

Marquez's bike was off to Spain........glad to see no bad injuries in this race.

Edited by soihok

I dont know who was more happy when Zarco went down, Me or Gino Rea? bloody bad move by the frenchie, Gino had the corner!!

Good racing all round today, but why does it need rain to make it good, WSB boys can do it in the dry, but not in the wet, down to tyres again, why cant WSB have bridgestone as a control tyre as i said in a previous post? specially after the Monza debacale.

And guess who Moaned about his tyres, congrads to Valentino for making the race interesting, moisture in the air helps the Duke run better it seems, i had bikes and cars like that in UK, always went better with damp air,,,

3hr Race Facts, 4 Leos & 4 King Edward cigarillos,,,,,,,,,

Nice race facts Lickey.

Great race for second and very happy to see Vale get second. Interesting that both Tech 3 Yam's went down.

Lorenzo smoked them all but christ knows whats going with Spies.

Well James Ellison, he was going to be replaced for the race by Shakey, so I'm glad he's proved em wrong.

My internet was down for a few days and a mate (who was 3/4 to the wind) rang me from Aus on Friday, saying that Stoner was talking about pulling out because Honda would not give him a one year contract only a two year, something to do with Marquez and his elevation to the top class next year. Anyway apart from that seming to be upside down, how he could get it so wrong is beyond me, I'll be having a go at him. Anyway I think Stoner would not make a serious effort at V8 Supercars, they are a highly professional series now and he would have to prove himself more than the few laps he did at Norwell over Christmas in Whincup's car then Lowndes came out and smoked his time. He might get a co-driver seat in an endurance race to start with. There is precedent though with both Gregg Hansford and Wayne Gardener making reasonable efforts, though Gardener was not popular with other drivers who thought he was too aggro. Bayliss was talking about doing it and had a similar trial as Stoner but nothing came of it. By the way Norwell is a short circuit just outside of Brisbane I have been to many track days there, only humiliated myself once by missing the apex of the dogleg on the straight and ended up doing 140k in the ditch before I dropped it in the mud at about 40. It is a good learner track.

For me yesterday Lorenzo was supreme and Rossi a mystery why he cant ride like that in the dry. The only other thing to say is that Stoner gifted them psychologically by saying he's not enjoying it anymore, that is worth gold to blokes like Rossi and Lorenzo in particular. The timing of his statement was awful.

By the way Soihok that is Feem Willyrot, good luck to him. Australia is looking pretty thin on the ground in all world championships now, Arthur Sissis will want to change his name I think.

• Like 1

WSBK is in the US this weekend, unfortunately the races will be on at some really odd time of Monday morning (for us in SE Asia). Having just checked, the races are on Tuesday morning, I'll probably see race 2 which starts at 5am (Singapore time).

Strange times.

WSBK is in the US this weekend, unfortunately the races will be on at some really odd time of Monday morning (for us in SE Asia). Having just checked, the races are on Tuesday morning, I'll probably see race 2 which starts at 5am (Singapore time).

Strange times.

I use TheBox from England and they never seem to put WSBK on there.

Waiting for the TT as well which starts in 2 hours!!!

Arhhhhhhhhh!!

To put things in perspective. In the last month, my wife has had a week in hospital (kidney infection + heart attack), shocking as she is only 36, and I have been offerred a 50% pay rise of a job in KL.

So apologies if I'm a bit out of sync.

Something called memorial day to do with the military I think so its a long weekedn in the us of a.

Smrz is on pole then Checa, Sykes and Gugli egg then Rea Guintoli Biaggi, BMW is 9th.

A bit of a Ducati track me thinks.

On True at 12.30 am and 4/;30am Tuesday morning.

Typical.

I get up really early to catch the second race, then its red flagged and doesn't restart for an eternity.

Then I need to go to work before the restart.

Mmmhhhpppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To put things in perspective. In the last month, my wife has had a week in hospital (kidney infection + heart attack), shocking as she is only 36, and I have been offerred a 50% pay rise of a job in KL.

So apologies if I'm a bit out of sync.

Oh man, sorry to hear that.

You've got yer hands full at the mo.

All the best.