Non-O Retirement Help Needed

I received my first retirement Non-O on Nov. 2011 and says it is good until Nov. 2012

Reading all of the posts here I am now confused. I was under the assumption that I only need to "sign in" every 90 days at the local Pattaya Immigration office. I have been reading other posts where you say you have to "leave the country" every 90 days?

How am I getting these two requirements mixed up please?

I also understand that if I need to leave Thailand for work or whatever reason that I just need to go into Immigration and buy a single re-entry visa for 1000 baht or a multiple re-entry for 3000 baht correct?

Do you have a multi entry non immigrant O or O-A visa from a Consulate? What is your permitted to stay until stamp in your passport? Or do you have a one year extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand?

For extension you report address every 90 days when in Thailand and obtain a reentry permit to allow return for remainder of permitted to stay time.

For O visa multi entry of 90 days you exit/return every 90 days or less for a new 90 day stay.

Do you have a multi entry non immigrant O or O-A visa from a Consulate? What is your permitted to stay until stamp in your passport? Or do you have a one year extension of stay from Immigration inside Thailand?

For extension you report address every 90 days when in Thailand and obtain a reentry permit to allow return for remainder of permitted to stay time.

For O visa multi entry of 90 days you exit/return every 90 days or less for a new 90 day stay.

I'm pretty sure it is the one year extension as it was made at Immigration Pattaya.

It says permitted to stay until November 2012.

I'm not sure if you can see this pic clear or not but I'm pretty sure it says "you must report every 90 days" at the bottom that is not so "inked."

post-147691-0-99399800-1326607861_thumb.

You only have to report to Jomtien Immigration every 90 days - you do not have to leave the country. If you do leave the country you will need a re-entry permit (1,000 baht for single entry, 3,800 baht for multiple entry). Also if you leave Thailand the 90 day reporting is set back to day one when you re-enter.

You only have to report to Jomtien Immigration every 90 days - you do not have to leave the country. If you do leave the country you will need a re-entry permit (1,000 baht for single entry, 3,800 baht for multiple entry). Also if you leave Thailand the 90 day reporting is set back to day one when you re-enter.

Yes I believe you are correct however I thought it was 3000 baht for a multi-entry but I don't know.

Lopburi3 did however clear up my confusion regarding why some people have to leave that have a non-o and why some people only need to report. Thanks again all.

You are on a 1 year extension of stay that was issued on 24 November 2011. You have to report your address every 90 days to immigration in Pattaya (Jomtein). Your first report date should be 21 February 2012. You will need to complete a TM7 form and submit copies of certain pages of your passport. Someone that uses Jomtien will post telling you exactly what pages you need to copy. If you want to leave Thailand, you must purchase a re-entry permit: Single-1000 baht, double 3800 baht. If you leave without a re-entry permit your permission to stay will terminate and you'll have to start the process all over again. When you do your first 90 days report I would advise that you ay least purchase a single entry re-entry permit in case of an emergency. Good luck and Welcome!

Edited by wayned

You are on a 1 year extension of stay that was issued on 24 November 2011. You have to report your address every 90 days to immigration in Pattaya (Jomtein). Your first report date should be 21 February 2012. You will need to complete a TM7 form and submit copies of certain pages of your passport. Someone that uses Jomtien will post telling you exactly what pages you need to copy. If you want to leave Thailand, you must purchase a re-entry permit: Single-1000 baht, double 3800 baht. If you leave without a re-entry permit your permission to stay will terminate and you'll have to start the process all over again. When you do your first 90 days report I would advise that you ay least purchase a single entry re-entry permit in case of an emergency. Good luck and Welcome!

Did my 90 day report this week at Chonburi Imigration Office at Jomtein.

Submitted the following docs:

Passport

Completed TM47 form

1 copy of passport ID page

1 copy of TM8 Departure Card

1 copy of current permission to stay stamp

Proof of of current residence

No probs.