More Problems In Chiang Moi Road ?

dave2

this morning i had a wander from thaphae gate to mikes burgers and headed towards

the flea market at prince royals college and on the way i saw a notice written today

on this building about 300 yards past the spice on the left : (

i thought it had all gone quiet down there ... maybe not ?

dave2

post-42592-0-07129200-1326632111_thumb.j

post-42592-0-98203300-1326632129_thumb.j

Not ironic when you consider someone's daughter needs new braces and a new iPhone. Where's there's a den of trouble, there's $$ to be had. Same old. I feel sorry for htese people. However I would think they'd make their point much more clear getting the statments up in Thai and trying to unite the local citizens, and even delivering aletter like this to parties where ownership actually lies. This does raise the Farang community's consciousness to the issues, but what effect will we have ? In addition, some of the merry-makers may be English speaking, but I'd imagine the majority are just passing through. So..... I feel for them. Best of luck.

The residents know the Thai people responsible for the noise are police. Spicy's is owned by them and for sure Jack's van wouldn't be allowed to stay open late without a major part of its revenue heading that way as well. So, there's no point complaining to the police. Hence, the local residents desperate attempt to persuade farang customers to avoid these places. It wouldn't surprise me if one of these businesses burns down soon.

The building in question is 300 yards past Spice on the left (north) side of Chang Moi Rd.

No where near Jackie's Van, etc.

It sounds like it's down in the area near Veerachai Courts.

Late night business, catering to farang, way down there?

Having lived in that neighborhood, I'd say it's an accurate characterization of what happens every night and the sign is directed toward the noisemakers. However, I doubt any of them are in any condition to read it at the time they're making the noise. Plus, it's written in fairly good English, perhaps beyond the reading comprehension level of many of the troublemakers.

Yeah, there was nothing quite like getting up every morning and picking up the litter in front of our house and hosing down the areas of our porch that smelled of urine. Usually Hubby was up every morning around 4:30 - 5 am when these people were returning home. They often parked their motorcycles right in front of our home and the noise was impossible to ignore as they staggered to their motorcycles, having loud conversations with new "friends" as they returned to whereever they came from to go these dives.

Edited by NancyL

Waste of a good piece of cardboard and directed totally at the wrong people

Its a business owned by Thais, run by thais and its thais who have the full responsibility of it and any consequences that come of it, but as always the best scenario is to blame the farang when in actuality its just thais causing problems for other thais.

I feel for the residents but they really have no chance when you consider who owns and runs that establishement, if it were me I would be shopping for some double glazing cause its going to be a long term problem that is not going away anytime soon.

DK

The building in question is 300 yards past Spice on the left (north) side of Chang Moi Rd.

One of my buddies lives down there and says that this fellow has complained to the police about several neighborhood restaurant/bars near Veerachai Court that cater to expats and make very little noise. I visit him frequntly in the late evening and they seem pretty low key to me. unsure.png

Edited by Ulysses G.

One of my buddies lives down there and says that this fellow has complained to the police about several neighborhood restaurant/bars near Veerachai Court that cater to expats and make very little noise. I visit him frequntly in the late evening and they seem pretty low key to me. unsure.png

You probably aren't checking them out between midnight and 2 am when everyone is well lubricated. Double glazing was definitely the answer for our bedroom window, but there was just something wrong about having to sleep with the windows closed and airconditioning on 12 months of the year.

• Like 1

You probably aren't checking them out between midnight and 2 am when everyone is well lubricated. Double glazing was definitely the answer for our bedroom window, but there was just something wrong about having to sleep with the windows closed and airconditioning on 12 months of the year.

This is the price one have to pay when living in a tourist area. smile.png

This is the price one have to pay when living in a tourist area. smile.png

Yes, and we had the freedom to move when our lease expired. The Thai people who have lived in the area for several generations and own homes don't have that freedom and many of them don't have the funds to install double glazed windows and run air conditioners year-round. Chang Moi isn't Loi Kroh and the majority of the residents are the sort of people mentioned in the sign on the building -- old people, children, working people -- people who have to go to sleep early and get up early.

The notice on the building was the polite request.

What will follow is anybody's guess.

As I predicted on an earlier thread it will be peasants with pitchforks and torches.

What's your success rate on predictions Gringo?

Higher than you might think.

The locals don't call me "Ahjahn" and "Maw Doo" for nothing.

Excuse me, there's a queue forming at my door as I speak.

As I predicted on an earlier thread it will be peasants with pitchforks and torches.

Kind of like those old Frankenstein movies when the villagers are chasing him to the tower! Hope the locals residents win!

The tide is slowly turning in Chiang Mai -and that includes Loi Kroh Rd. Late night rowdy bars are being targetted- by Thais. It may take some time before certain er...vested interests, understand this, but it is changing. hopefully street massage chairs will be next.

The tide is slowly turning in Chiang Mai -and that includes Loi Kroh Rd. Late night rowdy bars are being targetted- by Thais. It may take some time before certain er...vested interests, understand this, but it is changing. hopefully street massage chairs will be next.

Why do you dislike the streetside foot massage? Seems to add life to the street, and a good place to sit and watch the street theatre for a small peice.

I am *SO* tempted to cheerfully say "Welcome to Thailand!" to a Thai person complaining about late night noise. (or other common Farang gripes; like police, work being completed on time and on spec, etc. smile.png )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Its a business owned by Thais, run by thais and its thais who have the full responsibility of it and any consequences that come of it, but as always the best scenario is to blame the farang when in actuality its just thais causing problems for other thais.

I feel for the residents but they really have no chance when you consider who owns and runs that establishement, if it were me I would be shopping for some double glazing cause its going to be a long term problem that is not going away anytime soon.

DK

Its the loud farangs fault for not being to control themselves when drunk.

Some Farangs on vacation seem impervious to things around them and immune to the law. Walking down the street smoking weed, throwing beer bottles, stopping traffic while crossing the street cause their tired of waiting, grabbing girls assuming they are all prostitutes, yelling at the top of their lungs cause they're free and in Thailand.

Basicly behavior of a freshly released primate in general.

Oh yeah , Thais do the same thing.

• Like 1

Goddamn peasants, why can't they be sophisticated like us?

Good question.

Next time they go on a rampage why don't you ask them?

And if you're from Europe you may not have long to wait.

DK

Some Farangs on vacation seem impervious to things around them and immune to the law. Walking down the street smoking weed, throwing beer bottles, stopping traffic while crossing the street cause their tired of waiting, grabbing girls assuming they are all prostitutes, yelling at the top of their lungs cause they're free and in Thailand.

Basicly behavior of a freshly released primate in general.

Of course resident farangs wouldn't dream of behaving like that.