The Pattaya Tour

emugirl

Hi everyone, we've been living here for a month now and so far so good but we have'nt done much except organise the house stuff and getting the kids settled into school.

Friends (with small kids) arrive at the end of month for 3 days, so to make it look like we've already got a handle on what to do here smile.png I'd love to hear some kid friendly (and some not so)

things to do and places to take them. Also, some great local (esp by the lake) places to eat.

Thanks in advance for helping us wow our mates with our incredible insider knowledge.smile.png

Avoid Mini Siam, and the Floating market is not that great.

Underwater World yes,

Nong Nooch Garden,

Khao Chi Chan and Silverlake

Wat Yang and the Chinese Museum

The Sanctuary of Truth

Big Buddha Hill at Pratumnak and the look out station opposite.

A trip to the beach at Bang Saray and meal at the seafood restaurant.

An sunset meal on the beach at The View, Glasshouse (don't really like it but location is great), Mum Aroy in Nahklua, or on the cliff at Lapin Rimpa.

The Dolphin Show up Soi Phoenix Golf Club

There's a couple of magic shows in town, Tuxedo on North Rd. and another one down by The Cove in Nahklua.

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo.

Khao Kheow Open Zoo

Edited by PattayaParent
  • Like 1

Take a trip to Khao Kheow Zoo, good for a half day out. Best is to have your own transport, the zoo is set up to drive around and you park at different places to get out and look at the animals, they also have a few exhibits. There is also Sriracha Tiger Zoo, not as nice but they put on a few shows that the kids would enjoy.

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden is also a good place to spend half a day, they have a smaller zoo within the premises, elephant rides, and they also have a show package including a Thai Culture Show and an Elephant Show. These places have dual pricing, maybe except for Khao Kheow Zoo (I don’t think they do), so if you have a Thai driver’s license or a work permit, bring that along for at least your own discounts.

Dinner at Cabbage & Condoms on Pratumnak Hill, great setting over the beach, you walk through a nice garden on the way to the restaurant, where the kids can play around. They have some good Thai seafood restaurants on the water in Bangsaray, or a bit closer there is a good one on the water in Ban Amphoe, don’t remember the name, but you will see which one it is, as their parking lot always have quite a few cars, as opposed to the other ones. Good for lunch or dinner.

^you mean Preecha in Baan Amphoe?

I prefer Rim Hard in Bang Saray

You could be right, for some reason I’ve never paid attention to the name of the restaurant in Ban Amphoe. But I thought Preecha is the one most recommend in Bangsaray?

Take a trip to Khao Kheow Zoo, good for a half day out. Best is to have your own transport, the zoo is set up to drive around and you park at different places to get out and look at the animals, they also have a few exhibits. There is also Sriracha Tiger Zoo, not as nice but they put on a few shows that the kids would enjoy.

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden is also a good place to spend half a day, they have a smaller zoo within the premises, elephant rides, and they also have a show package including a Thai Culture Show and an Elephant Show. These places have dual pricing, maybe except for Khao Kheow Zoo (I don’t think they do), so if you have a Thai driver’s license or a work permit, bring that along for at least your own discounts.

Dinner at Cabbage & Condoms on Pratumnak Hill, great setting over the beach, you walk through a nice garden on the way to the restaurant, where the kids can play around. They have some good Thai seafood restaurants on the water in Bangsaray, or a bit closer there is a good one on the water in Ban Amphoe, don’t remember the name, but you will see which one it is, as their parking lot always have quite a few cars, as opposed to the other ones. Good for lunch or dinner.

Good recomendations there - and PPs. My 3 year old loves Cabbages & Condoms though I am not sure the rabbits like it so much.

Another place is the beach just the other side of Sattahip before you get to Ban Chang - Hat Nang Ram I think it is called.

You could be right, for some reason I’ve never paid attention to the name of the restaurant in Ban Amphoe. But I thought Preecha is the one most recommend in Bangsaray?

Preecha definitley in Baan Amphoe but I don't know if they have another place in Bang Saray?

I know the restaurant you mean, think it's Rim Haat (as in Beach's Edge), wouldn't recommend you go googling 'Rim Hard, Pattaya' :) Beautiful place to see the sunset and really good food too.

I quite like the Floating Market, and it's undercover so good for youngsters. Nong Nooch is impressive but mostly outside, so go early in the morning. Underwater World is also great, and again it's undercover. It's on the second floor of Royal Garden.

For a bit of culture, Viharna Sien is an amazing place, full of Chinese sculptures and antiques.

Hope your friends have a good time.

Avoid Mini Siam, and the Floating market is not that great.

Underwater World yes,

Nong Nooch Garden,

Khao Chi Chan and Silverlake

Wat Yang and the Chinese Museum

The Sanctuary of Truth

Big Buddha Hill at Pratumnak and the look out station opposite.

A trip to the beach at Bang Saray and meal at the seafood restaurant.

An sunset meal on the beach at The View, Glasshouse (don't really like it but location is great), Mum Aroy in Nahklua, or on the cliff at Lapin Rimpa.

The Dolphin Show up Soi Phoenix Golf Club

There's a couple of magic shows in town, Tuxedo on North Rd. and another one down by The Cove in Nahklua.

Sri Racha Tiger Zoo.

Khao Kheow Open Zoo

have you been following us around? LOL.

I know the restaurant you mean, think it's Rim Haat (as in Beach's Edge), wouldn't recommend you go googling 'Rim Hard, Pattaya' smile.png Beautiful place to see the sunset and really good food too.

I quite like the Floating Market, and it's undercover so good for youngsters. Nong Nooch is impressive but mostly outside, so go early in the morning. Underwater World is also great, and again it's undercover. It's on the second floor of Royal Garden.

For a bit of culture, Viharna Sien is an amazing place, full of Chinese sculptures and antiques.

Hope your friends have a good time.

Underwater World in Royal Garden? I'm thinking of the one on Sukhumvit next to Makro.

Viharn Sian is the Chinese Museum I referred to but forgot the name.

Ripley's Believe it or Not and some other activities, House of Horrors, Laser Tag and Louis Tussaud's Waxwork's are in Royal Garden Plaza. They might be a bit much for small kids though.

Wiggle Town if it's still open and the kids are under 5? Or put them in one of the playports in the supermarkets (Big C, Tesco) for an hour to burn off some energy.

Edited by PattayaParent

Preecha definitley in Baan Amphoe but I don't know if they have another place in Bang Saray?

You were right, Preecha it is! Been going there for years, but for some reason never paid attention to the name. huh.png Usually just saying, it's time to go to Ban Amphoe for some good seafood.

• When with kids, floating market is a nice one
  • Khao Kheow open zoo definately a highlight for the children (who knows even for the parents)
  • Nong Nooch always good
  • Khao Chi Chan and Silverlake + Wat Yang and the Chinese Museum are close to each other with for the children fish to feed at the temple, an elephant to ride at Khao Chi Chan and fairly new between the temple and Khao Chi Chan a new "must do because free but oh so nice": "Wonder Farm" small but great place for children to feed the rabbits, feed the fish, play on the playground ... while the parents enjoy a nice cup of coffee

Another place is the beach just the other side of Sattahip before you get to Ban Chang - Hat Nang Ram I think it is called.

Oh yes, I second this one, Hat Nang Ram is a great beach for both adults and kids and lots of threes if you want some shade.

There is an insignificant fee of 20 Baht per car to enter, no matter how many passengers. Chairs and tables are also cheap to rent if you want.

Quelle surprise!!

Not one mention of Soi 6. So, there is an abundance of intelligent life in Pattaya.

I'm afraid not, it was the first response but it looks like it got deleted.

Second actually whistling.gif

If you can't make it to Preecha's, in Baan Amphur, where I live, try PuPin near the end of beach road in Jomtien, with the big crab out front. Really good also and you can sit right on the water's edge. Passing traffic is a bit of a pain, but the food is great. Been there 2 times this week with guests already!

If going to Wat Yan, also head over to Silverlake Winery and also see the big Buddha mountain nearby. Lunch at Sliverlake is not bad. Good pizza on the outdoor terrace.

An sunset meal on the beach at The View, Glasshouse (don't really like it but location is great), Mum Aroy in Nahklua, or on the cliff at Lapin Rimpa

The View is pretty darn good (private party on the 28th), Glasshouse so so (like you said), Rimpa Lapin extremely romantic, but pricey. Same with Cabbages and Condoms. If going to any of these places on Friday or Saturday, expect a crowd. Rimpa Lapin is best to have reservations. PuPin can be a loooooong wait on Saturday night.

http://www.rimpa-lapin.com/old_rimpha_backup/about.html