Ip Star

lampard10

I have come up with a much cheaper way to subscribe to IP Star. Mount a cardboard dish on your outside wall, with a plastic box inside as the decoder.

Advantages:

1) Does not cost as much

2) Saves on telephone calls asking why IPStar is not working

3) Gives exactly the same service as the real dish

4) Keeps the local IP Star man happier,who is fed up to the teeth of getting called out every day.

Disadvantages:

1) Might collapse if too many birds sit on it

2) Gets blown off regular(but very cheap to replace)

Think about it folks.

Yesterday I got my IPstar wireless connection ( incl one fixed point).

Exact on time as agreed one month ago.

The service men came 3 hours late (TIT) at around 13.00,but stayed untill the task was done at around 19.30.They were very friendly and helpful.

As my (old) PC was not equiped with a LAN card,as it should be btw, they went out to buy and install me one( at no costs).

Have been online since then with 2 devices and I am very happy. :o

Although I understand that I hardly can speak of experience after 1 full day,I thought some other sound was necessary.

IPstar - The most useless piece of crap ever invented. Take my word for it.

All I can say is that the technology is good, the equipment superb, their engineers are knowledgable and they are working hard on improving their customer support. I have noticed that some of their night shifts tend to play with things that do not need repair, causing the occasional late night crash. The day shift ussually fixes it within minutes. Anyone need help, let me know and I will try to intervene or advise you. I do so without costs to anyone. Been doing so at www.ipstar.michelonia.com as a free service to the forum for a few weeks now.

I have been with them for 3 years now and I am happy. Keep in mind I understand the limitations and I owned 7 of the first POP's in southern Europe as a ISP.

All I can say is that the technology is good, the equipment superb, their engineers are knowledgable

WHAT??????????????????????................................I had seven new boxes in six weeks. Once they even changed the box when there was a message on the phone saying IP Star was having trouble and would not be able to connect. Over the last three months, I had about four trouble free days. My telephone bill in calls to IP Star was over 1,600baht. They refunded me 100. I lost a great deal of customers through IP Star. I still maintain it is ok for private use but no good at all for an internet cafe. Everybody around has the same story as well.

All I can say is that the technology is good, the equipment superb, their engineers are knowledgable

WHAT??????????????????????................................I had seven new boxes in six weeks. Once they even changed the box when there was a message on the phone saying IP Star was having trouble and would not be able to connect. Over the last three months, I had about four trouble free days. My telephone bill in calls to IP Star was over 1,600baht. They refunded me 100. I lost a great deal of customers through IP Star. I still maintain it is ok for private use but no good at all for an internet cafe. Everybody around has the same story as well.

If you wish I will put you in touch with the Director of Customer Services. Yours certainly sounds like a extreme case, that must be dealt with. She is a great person, good English and a offers an untiring willingness to help until the problem is resolved. Email me through the www.ipstar.michelonia.com site and I will get back to you within a day.

WHAT??????????????????????................................I had seven new boxes in six weeks. Once they even changed the box when there was a message on the phone saying IP Star was having trouble and would not be able to connect. Over the last three months, I had about four trouble free days. My telephone bill in calls to IP Star was over 1,600baht. They refunded me 100. I lost a great deal of customers through IP Star. I still maintain it is ok for private use but no good at all for an internet cafe. Everybody around has the same story as well.By the way.........mine is not an extreme case . there are two cases I know of that are far worse than mine.

If you wish I will put you in touch with the Director of Customer Services. Yours certainly sounds like a extreme case, that must be dealt with. She is a great person, good English and a offers an untiring willingness to help until the problem is resolved. Email me through the www.ipstar.michelonia.com site and I will get back to you within a day.

To late..................I threw mine off the roof. I now have TT&T really good fast connection. I did get IPSTAR on special introductory offer though of 20,000 installation cost. I realise now I should have waited till the special offer ended and got it for 10,000 :o

Edited by lampard10

To late..................I threw mine off the roof. I now have TT&T really good fast connection. I did get IPSTAR on special introductory offer though of 20,000 installation cost. I realise now I should have waited till the special offer ended and got it for 10,000 angry.gif

Sorry that you paid so much. It seems that you may have used one of the resellers that gave you less than adequate service rather than ipStar directly. When my system was installed I paid 3,000 baht for installation and the first months rate. Cannot imagine paying what you paid.

Also you may want to take a look at http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm which may explain some of the problems that all of us expericne here in Asia. Let us not blame everything on Thailand.

Looked at your profile.. cute photo....