Shipping Hong Kong To Samui

Whatever you do - DO NOT USE DHL !!

A client sent us some lights for his villa from Hong Kong with DHL.

This was the tracking schedule

HK - Cincinatti - HK - BKK - Phuket - BKK - HK - BKK - Phuket - BKK at which point they put it in the post. Arrived the next day.

Complained to DHL Head Office - no response.

Something similar with TNT recently

UK - BKK - Suratthani - BKK - Jakarta - Manila - HK - Bangkok at which point Thai Customs got involved which complicated the matter even more.

We eventually received it six weeks after it left the UK.

UPS has always been good - at least they seem to know where Samui is.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Any joy on this one? I'm looking for shipping the other way Samui-UK.. Any ideas?

DHL no question for me. I've retired but I still have a licence to run a bonded warehouse having been into shipping and logistics for quite some number of years. Shit it wil a commercial invoice showing US$1 and you will not get a problem.

Now for a rant.... I'm sick and [comment not entered] tired of people of people constantly posting in the 'general section' about having to pay import duty when bringing goods into Thailand. I've provided the information and if people don't want to use it, stay stupid.

Just attach a commercial invoice to each package detailing what is inside with a value of US$1 and you will not have a problem.

Any joy on this one? I'm looking for shipping the other way Samui-UK.. Any ideas?

DHL no question for me. I've retired but I still have a licence to run a bonded warehouse having been into shipping and logistics for quite some number of years. Shit it wil a commercial invoice showing US$1 and you will not get a problem.

Now for a rant.... I'm sick and [comment not entered] tired of people of people constantly posting in the 'general section' about having to pay import duty when bringing goods into Thailand. I've provided the information and if people don't want to use it, stay stupid.

Just attach a commercial invoice to each package detailing what is inside with a value of US$1 and you will not have a problem.

I stopped using DHL years ago. The last time that I used them -

Waiting for a package - I was told that it was in Bangkok. Needed duty paying on it. I was then told that I had to go to Bangkok to pay the duty. I asked if I would get a receipt. The answer was "yes, but costs more".

However, I repeat - this was approx 7 - 8 years ago. Things may have changed.

Some countries won't allow you to attach a commercial invoice valuing the item at $1. I been in the business a while too brother.

Some countries won't allow you to attach a commercial invoice valuing the item at $1. I been in the business a while too brother.

Which ones if I may ask?

Which ones if I may ask?

Holland for one.

Shit it wil a commercial invoice showing US$1 and you will not get a problem.

LOL sorry did you mean ship it with a commercial invoice showing US dollars? (i'm not taking the piss out of your typo btw - funny as it was - I genuinely wondered what you meant) these are personal items we are shipping back - household stuff etc.. Is there another system for this?

Shit it wil a commercial invoice showing US$1 and you will not get a problem.

LOL sorry did you mean ship it with a commercial invoice showing US dollars? (i'm not taking the piss out of your typo btw - funny as it was - I genuinely wondered what you meant) these are personal items we are shipping back - household stuff etc.. Is there another system for this?

Yep, 1 buck. I don't know if there is another system TBH