Easy For You... I Am Confused!

Hi. Stats 41 years old, 3 dual entry permits in my passport and it is time (the 19th of Jan 2012) to get my last 30-day extension. I have been getting extensions in Pattaya, but I live in Bangkok now. For the life of me, I can not find on this site what the official address is in Bangkok. Besides the address, is there a certain floor or area to go to? Sending the address to me in English and Thai should help me and the taxi-man. Finally, will you, please, tell me how much time I should set aside for this?

Or, is there someone going on the 19th for visa exnsion that I can shadow / a kind soal who will go with me even if they don't need to?

Thanks!

- J

The Govenment Complex Commemorating His Majesty , B Building , Floor 2 (South Zone)

Chaengwattana Road (Soi 7) , Laksi , Bangkok 10210 (key landmark is CAT complex at entry to Soi 7)

Enter South Entrance (go end Soi 7 turn right to center of South side and up ramp to 1st floor entry. Immigration inside to right just before open area.

map1.jpg

If you really can not afford 100 baht (actually probably more) suspect you need the Pattaya option (although not sure how you expect to get there for less). One inexpensive route is train to Laksi station and moto-taxi from there. There is also bus service

I don't have the instructions in Thai, but I just made this trip yesterday, and it is easy, and if cost is important to you, the bus is dirt cheap:

1. Skytrain to Mor Chit ( for me this is 35 baht)

2. Leave Mor Chit station on Chatuchak Park side and walk short distance (in direction of traffic) to where you will see a bus stop. Wait for 52 bus. Just pay 8 baht, you don't need to state destination but can say Changwattana Soi jet (Soi 7) so fare collector might tell you where to get off if you're unsure . However this is easy too.

3. Bus takes about 30 min if traffic is light. When you get near you will see Laksi station (small) on your left, and the bus will make a 90° turn to the left just past it. You see the TOT building, where there's a stop. After another stop (if someone gets off) you pass Thai Post Office building on left and see the CAT building (orange sign with blue lettering and big orange picture of King) just before a footbridge. Get off here, the third stop past the turn.

4. Walk a short distance in the direction of traffic and you will see a broad avenue to your left (Changwattana Soi 7) with a load of motorbikes eager to take you to the very end of the Soi (~800m) where the immigration building is on right hand side. If you are even more financially challenged you can walk a few steps past these guys where a songthaew type free shuttle leaves for various destinations on the Soi including the immigration building, or just walk.

5. The immigration office is a (comparatively!) small room that you reach by turning left as you enter the end building from Soi 7 and then crossing the vast floor space until you are almost at the exit at that side.

Simple and cost me 86 baht round trip.

Edited by partington