Obama Says So Long SOPA, Killing Controversial Internet Piracy Legislation

webfact

Obama Says So Long SOPA, Killing Controversial Internet Piracy Legislation

The growing anti-SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) support that has swept through the gaming and Internet community found a very big ally today. With websites like Reddit and Wikipedia and gaming organizations like Major League Gaming prepared for a blackout on January 18th – the same day that the House Judiciary Committee hearing on HR 3261was scheduled in Washington, DC – President Barack Obama has stepped in and said he would not support the bill. SOPA has been killed, for now.

Full story: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2012/01/16/obama-says-so-long-sopa-killing-controversial-internet-piracy-legislation/

-- forbes.com 2012-01-18

footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Thank goodness for that. The US trying to police the rest of the world.

Well, let me ask you. If you did not have police in your city, would there be more crime (and I'm not speaking of Thailand)? If the world doesn't have some country, or countries, protecting those rich, undeserving countries in N.Europe, then could there be another Hitler emerge. Seems like with all the problems Europe is having, its only a matter of time, based on repeated history. You should watch what your own country is doing.

Edited by gohmer

Thank goodness for that. The US trying to police the rest of the world.

Well, let me ask you. If you did not have police in your city, would there be more crime (and I'm not speaking of Thailand)? If the world doesn't have some country, or countries, protecting those rich, undeserving countries in N.Europe, then could there be another Hitler emerge. Seems like with all the problems Europe is having, its only a matter of time, based on repeated history. You should watch what your own country is doing.

I doubt his country is randomly invading countries, selling off their natural resources and slowly building towards huge conflicts in the middle east. Let alone signing in law that allows the US military to indefinitely detain it's own citizens without proper trial, further to that now even being able to strip citizens of their US citizenship when being suspected to affiliation to "terrorists"...

And regarding flip-flop Obama claiming to veto SOPA... didn't this puppet make a similar statements regarding NDAA? And what happened? On a quiet new year's eve, he signed this horrible piece of legislature. Don't believe a single word coming out this tools mouth.

Edited by mjnaus
  • Like 2

craigslist also has a SOPA notice.

I wouldn't trust Obama either, i don't think he's kept his word once, im pretty sure he's related to the Shinawatras.

Edited by KRS1

Fwiw, Wikipedia is already offline.

It is online right now.

Edit: Oh, wait. It's being a real tease. I switched back to the browser tab where I had Wikipedia, and it now has the "Imagine a World Without Free Knowledge" page displayed.

Edited by wpcoe

Ok, this topic is going in a direction that is extremely racist and unwarrented. Many comments being expressed by a few members on here are creating an atmosphere of desent. The purpose of this thread is to talk about 'Obama Says So Long SOPA, Killing Controversial Internet Piracy Legislation' not about Obama's race or anyother issues not pretaining to the topic. This is not Denmark.

I believe this thread or topic should be closed.

Since my previous warning was ignored I just did a wholesale removal of off topic, argumentative and inflammatory posts. Continuing as such will result in warnings/suspensions and topic closure.

//See George has closed it for now//