Thai Passport Lost

Mods - I don't know if this is the right forum for this question...

My Thai GF informed me earlier today that she has lost her passport. I asked her when she noticed it was missing and she said it has been lost for over one year and she has been afraid to tell me. This only came up because we have recently been discussing her coming to the UK for a tourist visit later this year.

1. Is she required to report the loss of her passport to the authorites?

2. Does she face any fine or punishment for not reporting the loss when it became evident? Are there any other sanctions?

3. Is there any way of recovering the evidence on that passport of the three trips she made outside Thailand? Would that information help in any way with her application for a UK visit visa? I have photos of those trips but no hotel receipts or similar.

The first two trips were both 30 day visas to Cambodia (2007 & 2009) and the third just an entry stamp to Laos (also 2009).

She is very upset to lose the passport - first one she ever had, but is scared of what action the Thai authorites may take and the worry that it might make her UK application more difficult.

Thank you in advance.

Simon

Not a big problem for her!

#1, make a report to the local police station that her passport has been lost. This is a common occurrence, lost official documents, ID cards, tambien bans, bank books, etc.

#2, with the police report, go down to Chang Wattana and apply for a replacement passport. Again, not a problem, lost documents happen all the time. This happened to my wife last year, new passport in three days ready for pick up.

Re earlier trips, can't help there, altho Immigration computer will have a record of departures and returns under the previous passport number.

Re UK via, no idea, either, I'm a Yank.

Mac