Prop Trading In Thailand

hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to thailand. I've just moved here from the states and I'm interested to day trade US equities.

I've spoken to some thai people but they are mostly interested in Thai stocks, so I'm not sure there is even a community or demand for this here in Thailand.

Does anyone know what kind of platforms are available here, both online and at local banks, and what the typical minimums or commissions are like?

cheers!

Trading US equities from Thailand is simple. Sign up with any US based broker that offers you free trading software. You sound like you're a novice so I strongly recommend that you join a firm that will allow you to have a practice account. Personally I think you should look at www.thinkorswim.com they're part of TD Ameritrade but their platform is free and simple to use but packed with features. What is best for you is that you can use the paper money practice account for as long as it takes you to learn to trade.

For day trading you need to have US$25,000 if you want to be able to trade more than 3 day in a row in any week. That's a US law that applies to all US based brokerage firms. Commissions are $9.95 to buy and $9.95 to sell on lots of up to 5000 shares. They'll give you a margin of 4 times so if you deposit $25,000 you be able to buy $100,000 worth of equities. Don't get fixated on day trading. Investigate swing trading / trend trading. It's longer term, a few days to a few weeks and often times more rewarding than day trading because you let you winning trades run longer.

Have you considered forex (currency) trading? The forex market is open 24 hours a day 5 days a week. This gives you the option of trading during the day rather than in the evening from Thailand. Platforms for this are Meta Trader 4, Trade Station, Ninja Trader etc. Margins are commonly up to 100:1 i.e. $1000 = $100,000. Margin is a double edge sword. It magnifies your profits and losses so it needs to be used carefully. I suggest you go to www.babypips.com to get some free education.

Trading equities or forex is simple but not easy. It takes time to learn what you're doing and psychology is a large part of it. There are many times when you simply need scrotum mass and determination to not give up before you learn enough to become successful. However, if you master it you can make a good living and have the freedom to live where you want. Whatever you decide use the practice account first for at least a month and treat it like real money.

• Like 1

I don't have the starting capital of $25k and only have $3k - $6k to start with. I'm looking for a set up where I can start with this amount. I realize I can t really make many swing trades with this amount of capital. I did a search online and found some firms that provide some leverage for lower deposits. I might try them out but I prefer talking to someone in person, any feedback on these type of firms?

Do you have any suggestions where I can possibly get started with this and get some personal one on one training as well, maybe someone local in bkk?