Fao, 7By7 And Any Other Knowlegable Members.

hi 7by7, i know its a little early yet but i would just like to see if you can clear a few things up for my peace of mind, (im trying to be as prepared as i can lol), my wife came over aug 2010 and her visa runs out nov 12, the kids came over june 11 and their visas expire same time as mums, wife has already passed life in uk test so no problem there, what i really need to know is,

1, do we apply for ILR 28 days before her november date,

2, does it have to be seperate forms for all of them or can kids go with hers,

i think thats it for now, any advice appreciated

1) The residency requirement for ILR is 24 months. The earliest she can apply 28 days before the 2nd anniversary of her arrival in the UK with her spouse visa. For example, if she arrived on the 28th August 2010 then the earliest she can apply is 1st August 2012. The latest she can apply is the day her spouse visa expires.

2) Her children should be included on the same form as her. There will be an additional fee to pay, depending on how many children are included.

See the links on this page for fees and more details.

Note that the fees will probably increase in April; they usually do!

There is space on the ILR form for children's details so it is one form for all of them. The fees are on the form so you will obviously need to pay the applicant plus 2 children rate!

One set of documents needed as children will maintain the immigration status of the applicant. Obviously you will need to enclose their passports so vignettes can be placed in them.

The form FLR(M) is fairly self-explanatory as are the guidance notes. Download and ask any questions you may have! We are still waiting to hear the results of my wife's application which went in at the end of October!

The form FLR(M) is fairly self-explanatory as are the guidance notes. Download and ask any questions you may have! We are still waiting to hear the results of my wife's application which went in at the end of October!

Form FLR(M) is the wrong form for ILR!

If applying for ILR as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK the correct form is SET(M).

For more, see Completing application form SET(M).