Where Can One Buy A Case Of Beer, Of A Decent Beer? Near Lower Sukhumwit

chubby

eg a case of beer lao, i think i saw a case at carrefour before but the price was the same as buying by the bottle,

where could one consistently find the Beer Lao , if one can't find like any non lager like IPAs etc

Villa market has some imported beers at least in Paradise Park so i'd assume they have them in Sukhumvit as well. By the bottle and expensive compared to locals.

Beer lao by case, your best bet could be some of those small distributors operating out of the shophouses supplying smaller bars and restaurants. They are all around so sure someone here knows one close to Sukhumvit.

Macro will sell Beer Lao at a discount by the case but you will need to negotiate the discount with the 'liquor manager'. It is possible but the discount is very small, in the region of 5%.

Foodland, Central and Villa all sell imported beers but I have never seen them sold by the case.

Failing that, there is a black market for smuggled Beer Lao, but it is illegal, you know, so you might get locked up or I will get banned from the forum. cowboy.gif

Macro will sell Beer Lao at a discount by the case but you will need to negotiate the discount with the 'liquor manager'. It is possible but the discount is very small, in the region of 5%.

Foodland, Central and Villa all sell imported beers but I have never seen them sold by the case.

Failing that, there is a black market for smuggled Beer Lao, but it is illegal, you know, so you might get locked up or I will get banned from the forum. cowboy.gif

..........sorry where or what is Macro, what would it cost ? shame there is no Thai IPA .......

Do you guys know beer lao are 100% own by Carlsberg!!

Last time I visited the Beer Lao brewery, Carlsberg owned 50%.

Yes, and the guy is talking about cash changing hands, not about beer. licklips.gif

sounds to me like the OP is looking for a ' loadsa money is no deterrent' case of beer....

in this regard an enterprising individual/organization should set up a local distributorship soon...

I knew a prostitute in Chile who was gonna use her takings to set up a business like that in her home town in Concepcion which was later severely damaged in an earthquake..she was a very nice woman and I hope that herself and her stock of beer were not damaged...

Yes, and the guy is talking about cash changing hands, not about beer. licklips.gif

sounds to me like the OP is looking for a ' loadsa money is no deterrent' case of beer....

in this regard an enterprising individual/organization should set up a local distributorship soon...

I knew a prostitute in Chile who was gonna use her takings to set up a business like that in her home town in Concepcion which was later severely damaged in an earthquake..she was a very nice woman and I hope that herself and her stock of beer were not damaged...

There are already distributors in Thailand. Depending on the OP's weekly/monthly demand, he can buy directly from a wholesaler or even the importer of his favourite beer. I know some of them.

I bought three 30-liter kegs of German beer from the importer for my last party...

Based on what some of my friends in Pattaya do is the easiest. Find out where there is a place that has cartons available and see if they will do a delivery service for COD maybe plus a small fee. I have seen 3 slabs of Heineken delivered by scooter for no charge in Jomtiem.

My TGF assures me there is a liquor store on Sukhumvit between Phrom Pong and Thonglor BTS on the odd Soi side. Have not verified personally though. Maybe they do delivery? Any delivery option has got to be better than trying to hump home a slab of beer on a hot day.

The other option I have used was to get a local bar to order an extra slab for me when doing their order. Paid in advamce with a bit extra for mama san worked, though still had to hump home 600 metres. Local 7/11 now carries my 2nd preference so have given up on bulk purchases.

Please post how it works out as I reside in lower Sukhumvit when off work and onshore and always looking to improve.

Cheers

It's spelt Leo, not lao.

Have you been drinking PP ?

Read the OP - it really is quite clear smile.png

It was the reference to decent beer that made me think he'd spelt it wrong.

If you are talking about decent beer, "Lao" is indeed the correct spelling.

Just saying...

There are already distributors in Thailand. Depending on the OP's weekly/monthly demand, he can buy directly from a wholesaler or even the importer of his favourite beer. I know some of them.

I bought three 30-liter kegs of German beer from the importer for my last party...

"I bought three 30-liter kegs of German beer from the importer for my last party..."

Would it be possible for this sort of important information to be made available to those of us with a more discerning palate, if not please PM me the details.

Thanks for the info, now I know why it tastes like horse piss.

Thank goodness I am not alone in my thoughts on Beer Lao.

Freakin' terrible beer.

I also tried the much talked about Beer Lao dark beer, way too yeasty for my taste, most dissapointed, friends have also made similair comments.

Villa market has some imported beers at least in Paradise Park so i'd assume they have them in Sukhumvit as well. By the bottle and expensive compared to locals.

Beer lao by case, your best bet could be some of those small distributors operating out of the shophouses supplying smaller bars and restaurants. They are all around so sure someone here knows one close to Sukhumvit.

Not sure whether you'd class it as lower Sukhumvit but there's one of these distribution places on soi 23, presumably to supply soi Cowboy.

Or for imported beer there's this company: http://www.fluidasiapacific.com/home.php (I know the site talks about draught beer but I'm pretty sure the London Pride is bottled.)

"I bought three 30-liter kegs of German beer from the importer for my last party..."

Would it be possible for this sort of important information to be made available to those of us with a more discerning palate, if not please PM me the details.

The name and address of imported alcoholic beverages are always on the bottle, it's the law. I have the contact details of this importer in my office and will send you PM later on.

has anyone heard anything about the ASEAN free trade arrangement? where supposedly folks with good beer like Laos, Vietnam and Indonesia can peddle their beer freely in LOS...someone said that a gang of corrupt somchais from the local thai breweries managed to scupper the deal with taxation to ensure that beer drinkers in Thailand could only drink the reasonably priced local horse piss in perpetuity...

personally, I can drink Bier Hanoi, 333 and Bintang all day long...one boddle of Chang, Leo, Singha makes we wanna puke...and go straight back on the vodka...

'and why don't you like our national beer, falang?...does it offend your western sensibilities, falang?...'... 'no, and you don't like it either, Mr Somchai...a nice boddle of Johnny Walker (ugh!) is more to your taste...or a can of american budweiser...the native beer is vulgar, we understand...'

It's spelt Leo, not lao.

not beer Leo, beer LAOS ; i made that mistake when i began, couldn't figure out why beer Leo was supposed to be better;

now I HOPE everyone telling me where to buy IS referred to beer LAOS, turns out I've never had it ; case of Tiger beer might be fine as well

i just wanna buy a case of decent beer 1 time for my month long stay instead of buying it bottle by bottle at the local quickie mart and probably save some money; i've seen cases of been at Carrefour, but seemed like the price by the case was the same as by the bottle

so sorry, i should rephrase; where can I get a good deal, on a good beer ; which from what i hear might be Beer LAO (not Leo) ; and not heineken I guess near Suk SOI 22, near Rama IV road

mahalo from honolulu

Based on what some of my friends in Pattaya do is the easiest. Find out where there is a place that has cartons available and see if they will do a delivery service for COD maybe plus a small fee. I have seen 3 slabs of Heineken delivered by scooter for no charge in Jomtiem.

My TGF assures me there is a liquor store on Sukhumvit between Phrom Pong and Thonglor BTS on the odd Soi side. Have not verified personally though. Maybe they do delivery? Any delivery option has got to be better than trying to hump home a slab of beer on a hot day.

The other option I have used was to get a local bar to order an extra slab for me when doing their order. Paid in advamce with a bit extra for mama san worked, though still had to hump home 600 metres. Local 7/11 now carries my 2nd preference so have given up on bulk purchases.

Please post how it works out as I reside in lower Sukhumvit when off work and onshore and always looking to improve.

Cheers

what are your 1st and 2nd preference ?