Better/Easier To Rent Or To Buy?

khman

Hi, I have been many times to Koh Samui, but now I will stay about 1 year. Maybe more, maybe less, maybe I will go in my country for 1 month at the "middle" of that year, I don't know...

I actually rent a recent Honda Click to someone I know and like very well for 2500THB/month, which is quite cheap if I compare.

But would it be better to buy? What about easyness for papers stuff, buying, selling, ...? What do you advise?

Thanks !

Buy. Decent Click will cost you B25k. 1 year's rental at 2500B is B30k.

Maintenance is cheap as chips. Putting in your name is easy (though I don't know about Ko Samui specifically). Then sell it next year to soime farang fresh off the boat for B30k. Profit!

Maintenance is cheap as chips. Putting in your name is easy (though I don't know about Ko Samui specifically). Then sell it next year to soime farang fresh off the boat for B30k. Profit!

I agree, in your case its best to buy for sure.

I don't know about Ko Samui but in Pattaya you can buy a vehicle with a tourist visa and a rental contract with your name on it for a condo/house.

I agree, in your case its best to buy for sure.

I don't know about Ko Samui but in Pattaya you can buy a vehicle with a tourist visa and a rental contract with your name on it for a condo/house.

Ko Samui is Surat DLT a ferry ride and some 80km away, so use a fixer on the island with above docs and couple of hundred baht in addition to DLT fees. Done

and sure you shoud buy one rather than paying 25k baht in rent

Thanks,

But I think there is an office in Nathon for all that papers.

Anyway, can you confirm the price of an Honda Click well working, 15 000km, is like 25 000? Just to have an idea of prices.

And 30 000 if 5-10000km?

Thanks