Motorcycle Gear

I hope that someone can give you a steer because I am encouraged that you are looking for safety equipment.

Despite the recent and continuing campaign by the Hua Hin traffic police to enforce the national law on the wearing of safety helmets, I daily see westerners riding motor cycles without helmets even in Hua Hin streets. Many wear only underwear and others are naked to the waist and since these appear to come from Europe I am surprised that the traffic safety culture which prevails there does not extend to Thailand.

If your in Bangkok first to fifth of February, the Bangkok Mortorcycle Festival is being held at Central World. It may be worth a visit as most local traders are represented under one roof. There are many western brands on show.

We bought helmets, jackets and gloves there last year and got a good deal.

Yeah I need to decent globes and I'm much taller/longer than Thais - have to resort to fingerless ones mostly...

By the way - just got a GoPro Hero HD motorbike camera - it's absolutely awesome....pics/vids to come next week

Yeah I need to decent globes and I'm much taller/longer than Thais - have to resort to fingerless ones mostly...

By the way - just got a GoPro Hero HD motorbike camera - it's absolutely awesome....pics/vids to come next week

Roly, the Paddock seems to me to have largest range and last time i was there ( two weeks ago) they had good selection of sizes and some good deals. I been to Red Baron/ Panda Rider and The Paddock and The Paddock definitely seems to have best "large Farang" selection.. have not been to Blacksteed which by all accounts is pretty good. Blacksteed has RST gear which I like, will get out there as soon as i can decipher the map on their website. Google the paddock bangkok and you'll get website