Pickups Best To Buy And Best Service In Your Opinion

petercallen

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a new nissan navara calibre double cab automatic 4x2 is 800k. Best value for a handsome beast. The only down side is a wide turning circle. Oil change and service is every 10k. Phuket town garage and show room is excellent.

poor crash safety, euroNAPCAP only 2 stars, while Ford Ranger and Mazda BT 50 makes 5 stars, 799k baht. 15k km service

Mazda public release today just lowered the top model to 988k baht, and being less than 1 million thus qualifies for first car owner scheme, with 100k baht refunded excicetax after one year of ownership. Bargain at 900k baht

Does anyone know when the Ford Ranger WT, 4x4, 3.2, 4 Door will actually be available in Phuket and how much it will cost ?

The hotline in BKK, the sales rep in Phuket, and even sales manager in Phuket all give different timeframes...

Does anyone know when the Ford Ranger WT, 4x4, 3.2, 4 Door will actually be available in Phuket and how much it will cost ?

The hotline in BKK, the sales rep in Phuket, and even sales manager in Phuket all give different timeframes...

Unless you buy the wildtrack the Ford comes with 4 speakers and doesn't have a USB socket...how dated is that! Pretty much standard on all other makes

Nope

2 door or 2+2 door pickups seating 2-3 in one seatrow, rear bench illegal for passengers, 3% excicetax

4 door seating 5-6 in 2 seatrows, 12% excicetax

above must have chassie/frame with leafspring and able to load 1.000Kg

4-5 door ppv able to seat 7 in 3 seatrows, frame as baove, but wheelbase as short as 2,75 and rear coilspring allowed since 2004, 20% excicetax, as Fortuner and Pajero Sport.

Are the excise taxes payable on top of the dealer prices?

i.e if I see a triton 4 door for 820k, the drive away price is 820k plus 96k plus registration costs? Anything else added?

Nope

2 door or 2+2 door pickups seating 2-3 in one seatrow, rear bench illegal for passengers, 3% excicetax

4-5 door ppv able to seat 7 in 3 seatrows, frame as baove, but wheelbase as short as 2,75 and rear coilspring allowed since 2004, 20% excicetax, as Fortuner and Pajero Sport.

i.e if I see a triton 4 door for 820k, the drive away price is 820k plus 96k plus registration costs? Anything else added?

If the sticker prcice is 820k then that is the total price. Extras may include insurance & registration but sometimes they are included. If buying with finance shop around as they vary in their interest rates & this is generally where the free insurance comes from, not the dealer.

Edited by Valentine

there were some goos seals before the floods from most of the manufacturers i dont know if they still exist, eg

some were offering 50% deposit 4 year interest free finance and many other deals.i dont know wether they have brought the discount scheme back for fist time THAI citizens..this is were it is good to let your Thai wife buy the car/pick up...i think the discounts are in the region of 100,000 bht

Nope

If the sticker prcice is 820k then that is the total price. Extras may include insurance & registration but sometimes they are included. If buying with finance shop around as they vary in their interest rates & this is generally where the free insurance comes from, not the dealer.

I paid cash for our current car and got free insurance

there were some goos seals before the floods from most of the manufacturers i dont know if they still exist, eg

some were offering 50% deposit 4 year interest free finance and many other deals.i dont know wether they have brought the discount scheme back for fist time THAI citizens..this is were it is good to let your Thai wife buy the car/pick up...i think the discounts are in the region of 100,000 bht

Yes, KBB do you have some more information on this? I may consider selling my truck and buying a new one in my wife's name if this 100.000 Baht premium still exists.

2-door is classed as a pick-up. 4-door is classed as a car. No tax on pick-ups; hefty tax on cars.

As far as i have found out, leaf springs no matter how doors pickup tax

Coil springs on rear car tax

A 4 door pickup does not cost much more than a Vios S

Nope

all must be Th made, max 3250cc engine

the 2 latter groups are subject to approx double annual road tax of the 2 door pickups, 6800 baht for a 3000cc

2 door pickups have green on white plates, to clearly diffrence them from the passenger pickups and suv, having black on white as cars do

as for hefty tax on cars, hybrids no excicetax, ecocars like March and Brio and Almera, 17%

Porsche Cayenne and Panamera Hybrid, no excicetax, thats not hefty is itintheclub.gif

Just drove into town behind a 4 door hilux which was as new

it had green on white plates

Nope

the 2 latter groups are subject to approx double annual road tax of the 2 door pickups, 6800 baht for a 3000cc

2 door pickups have green on white plates, to clearly diffrence them from the passenger pickups and suv, having black on white as cars do

as for hefty tax on cars, hybrids no excicetax, ecocars like March and Brio and Almera, 17%

Porsche Cayenne and Panamera Hybrid, no excicetax, thats not hefty is itintheclub.gif

There are always exceptions, but KBB is correct on this.

Hey hey I am the first in that que, placed my order several months ago.giggle.gif

Hopefully in April at probably 1.050-1,1mill baht

Cant release it before OZ ques have been fed, as they pay much more

What kind of fuel economy are you getting in your trucks? mpg, kpg, or L/100km

I find it rare that anyone knows at the dealers I've been checking.

loaded like this, post-81971-0-23681700-1327489929_thumb.j

4 adults +400Kg load, some turbulence from bike, 160kmh cruisingspeed, 2010vigo 3,0d4dauto 4x4 on 17inchers, approx 9km/liter. yeah, I am heavy footed, 35 baht/10km

oops someone started Santana poolside, time for a beer, catch up tomorrow

Is there any bargaining power to the list sheet prices paying in cash?

Not unless you are a good negotiator

Car dealers make money out of supplying finance

IMO the dealers & salespersons do not want to sell for cash as they get more perks with finance.

Hey hey I am the first in that que, placed my order several months ago.giggle.gif

Yes Thai pickups are quit a bit more expensive in Australia

But Thai sedans are cheaper there

Is there any bargaining power to the list sheet prices paying in cash?

Not unless you are a good negotiator

Car dealers make money out of supplying finance

IMO the dealers & salespersons do not want to sell for cash as they get more perks with finance.

Yup i never tell them i am paying cash until they give me there final offer price

which is usually the same price with more free extras

Nope

so do most others, wether they pay cash or credit..the dealers prefer cedit,they make more commision from the finance companies,thats why you get free insurance etc usally perks from the finance..

First in line behind me that is smile.png.

Made my order several months ago too.

Thanks for your info, and insight re the OZ market- that seems to be the most realistic that I have heard from Ford too.

I got my Ranger last August, 25% deposit and 4 years 0% finance.. Included free insurance and other add ons (not Ford but look ok).

The Phuket dealer told me 18km/L, I laughed at him... We get 13km/L cruising at 120km/h..

18K baht extra for the full service package, so only paying average of 1800 baht per service..

IMO, and I've only driven a few different pick ups, this Ford has great torque off the line, likes to have the RPM kept up a little bit and will stay with most cars out of the traffic lights..

So far I'm happy, couldn't be bothered to wait for the new model and resale value not an issue as I don't intend to sell it. 675K for 2.5 XLT Open Cab..

Happy hunting and don't believe a word they say in Ford Phuket, go to BKK :)

some real good advice on this topic ,from many postors....its horses for courses...the top pick ups in my opinion are...

TOYOTA..ISUZU/CHEVY..FORD/MAZDA....MITSIBUSHI..and you have to shop around for the best deals..

They usually have special promotions on at the motor shows in Tesco,Central etc usually for limited periods only so you have to make your mind up quickly and place your order and leave a deposit,thats how i bought my last 2 vehicles and got very god discounts and extras...Good Hunting..

Yes, KBB do you have some more information on this? I may consider selling my truck and buying a new one in my wife's name if this 100.000 Baht premium still exists.

rumours say trouble, will look into it for accurate info

its supposed to last all 2012, Th nationals only, minimum 22 yo, no prior car ownership reg in DLT at this name/IDnumber, excicetax max 100.000 baht refunded to bank account one year after purchase, must keep car 5 years transfer blocked in DLT, can finance at purchase but not later, more detailed info in ThaiVisa Motoring

• Like 1

2-door is classed as a pick-up. 4-door is classed as a car. No tax on pick-ups; hefty tax on cars.

As far as i have found out, leaf springs no matter how doors pickup tax

Coil springs on rear car tax

A 4 door pickup does not cost much more than a Vios S

Nope

which tells me he has removed rearseat, had it inspected as a 2-3 seater in one seatrow, changes made to reg book and new plate issued,

another solution is pickups with blue on white plates, seating minimum 10, foldable seats in pickupbed accepted

both above makes changes to annual road tax and Insurance price, and the latter some foreigners do not have a DL to operate

The rangers advertised on the Ford Thailand web site

Are they available at present or are they the new model

which [people are waiting for

new Ranger 2,2/150hp/375Nm as 4 door auto in XLT trim at799k baht is available right now at several dealers. No long ques

Thanks for that, I will check out the local dealers today