Palestinian Father Locks Daughter In Bathroom For 9 Years

Lite Beer

Palestinian father locks daughter in bathroom for 9 years

Ramallah - Palestinian police were able to free a 20-year-old woman in the northern West Bank city of Qalqilya on Saturday, after her father had locked her in the bathroom of their home for nine years, police said.

According to a police statement, officers received information that a father was holding his daughter inside a bathroom. When they went to the house, they heard calls for help from inside the bathroom.

Police forced the father to open the door and found his daughter inside with a mattress and a blanket on the floor.

The father then admitted to locking up his daughter inside the bathroom since the age of 11, according to the report, and said, "She has not seen the sunlight since then."

Police said the father, who was arrested, had locked her in the bathroom due to family differences, without giving details.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-01-22

The whole place is like a prison camp. whistling.gif

When you say "the whole place", where exactly do you mean? If you're referring to the West Bank then blame the Israelis.

Yours seems like a rather arbitrary comment.

Don't bring the Israelis into this one. A sick father locked his daughter up for 9 years over "family differences". No reason to bring politics into it.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/dad-locks-girl-in-bathroom-for-16-hours-2011-06-25-1.404463

An Afghan man in Saudi Arabia locked his 17-year-old daughter in the bathroom for nearly 16 hours after he saw a mobile phone with her before she escaped and ran away, a newspaper reported on Saturday.

The unnamed girl went straight to the police and told them she had escaped from home in the western town of Taif because of her father’s violence, 'Sabq' said.

The girl said her father beat her up and locked her inside the bathroom for 16 hours before he let her out when his mother visited them.“Police summoned the father and made him write a statement not to resort to violence against his daughter again,” the paper aid.

The whole place is like a prison camp. whistling.gif

When you say "the whole place", where exactly do you mean? If you're referring to the West Bank then blame the Israelis.

Yours seems like a rather arbitrary comment.

Don't bring the Israelis into this one. A sick father locked his daughter up for 9 years over "family differences". No reason to bring politics into it.

I think Steely invited the political slant on this one! Why is the whole place like a prison camp Steely?

As for the Father, he needs locking up in a small cell for 9 years without seeing the sun.

• Like 1

I think Steely invited the political slant on this one! Why is the whole place like a prison camp Steely?

As for the Father, he needs locking up in a small cell for 9 years without seeing the sun.

I was making a satirical comment on the ridiculous hyperbole some people are prone to when claiming the Palestinian territories are a prison camp, made even more ironic with the case in question where the father holds the keys to the prison just as indeed the Hamas and Fatah leadership do for the Palestinians as a whole.

And with that explanation, we can stick to the topic and not to the politics. Bad parenting is not unique to the people residing in Palestine.

I know parents who have seriously wanted to lock their daughters up they were 18, but it's really quite sad when you hear about people who really do this stuff.

I think we've had recent examples from Austria and Belgium(?). There's a great film about the effects of locking a family member up called The Enigma of Kasper Hauser by Werner Herzog. Worth watching. One of my fave movies of all time