Facebook Scam: The Number One Song When I Was Born Was...

george

NEW FACEBOOK SCAM GOES VIRAL

Facebook Scam: The number one song when I was born was...

I have seen this wall post on many of my friends’ walls this past week, so I thought I would look into it and see what the buzz was about. It turns out that this is just another potentially dangerous Facebook Survey Scam:

Read more how to avoid this. Full story: http://www.nettechbl...i-was-born-was/

Note: The link above takes you to an article that describes how to avoid the scam. Of course, clicking on the above link does no harm to your computer.

• Like 1

Pus*ies!

"This scam is slightly different than most other in the way that it actually ends up doing what you expected it to do before clicking the link and starting the process. You DO end up seeing the #1 song when you were born, but to get there you must jump through hoops and help the scammers share their application and complete surveys to make them money".

Edited by chiang mai

I saw this with my daughters facebook, looked up mine on the internet (not by link) but google search, found the #1 song, searched it on utube, found the song and then posted it for her to see. Links are always dangerous and if you set your security up in your bowser, not an issue. Just select "confirm all downloads" first. No issue.

• Like 1

Simple rule: no FB apps for whatever reason. You give shadily specified permissions, many to do with 'can use your friends list' up to and including 'access and send messages'. When you're in the Zucker domain, there's not much privacy left once you 'app'.