New Topic! My Partners Intelligence Deciphered Through The Initial Language Barrier.....

Chittychangchang

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Personally, I respect someone who actually thinks (rare in this world), far more than outright intelligence/genius.

When we were moving house the mrs helped me lift the television, which was one of those old fashioned heavy type ones, in the back of a pick-up.

While lifting I told her to keep the dam.n thing straight otherwise the colors would run out.

She exerted her back and made an honest effort.

It must have given her pause for thought because later on she asked me if I was serious.

That is a lack of education.

Or repeated over again that it is.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

giggle.gif In my "limited?" experience many Thai bargirls even with little formal education have quite an advanced knowledge of what a potential "customer" really wants....even when that " customer" keeps telling them they "really don't want" that.

That must be an "intelligence" outside of "formal education".

A good 30 years ago, while working in Saudi Arabia, I came to Bangkok for a short vacation.

I went into a local place for a "massage". While she was giving me a bath, the girl asked me where I worked. I told her Saudi Arabia, but I could see my message didn't get through to her.

Then, while she was soaping me down, and she was wearning nothing but a very short gown that left nothing to my imagination, I had the normal male response.

When she saw my response, the light came on. She said, "Oh, Saudi Arabia!" and she smiled.

And that's all you get of that story.

licklips.gif

V relevant I'm sure, but I'm missing the point.

The point is that the girl made the connection between his manhood and Saudi Arabia.

This required a broad ability to reason so she used her Fluid Intelligence.

She smiled as a sign to communicate her knowledge which equates Crystallized Intelligence.

Her service was not for free and her ability to manipulate numerical symbols equate a certain degree of Quantitative Reasoning.

The fact that she smiled after a while shows that she had the ability to apprehend and store information and retrieve it later which is relevant to Short Time Memory.

At the same time she used Auditory Processing in order to process and discriminate speech sounds that may be presented under distorted conditions while maintaining Processing Speed which is the ability to perform automatic cognitive tasks.

Depending the OP’s size there was probably some Visual Processing involved as well.

All in all she espoused the full range of intelligence.jap.gif

If you think that this is a sign of intelligence then I can only wonder mellow.png....

But it does explain the number of people who mistake 'street smarts' for intelligence.

My furry partner is very intelligent. He even has 4 legs, a wet nose and a tail that wags.

I've got one of those (intelligent) dogs.... sad.png. It took me YEARS to make her understand that I am boss, not her! Having said that, she is now my most trusted dog.

I would think that all these Thai girls who've managed to fleece their farangs bone-clean must possess some level of intelligence. It takes a lot of smarts to be cunning.

Being Streetwise clever,and recognising a weakness ready to be exploited,should not be confused with real Intelligence.

Ok, so "streetwise clever" is not intelligence. Neither is level of education, as some of our esteemed posters have argued. And it can't be language skills (or lack thereof) that determines intelligence. Or level of exposure to western society. It certainly wouldn't be IQ or EQ or any other "Q." So what is it, exactly?

I think Tontos Post no 48, above yours gives a fairly accurate description of the meaning of Intelligence,it's certainly a good Post,and worth reading.

Well I've read that post and there's not much there to disagree with. Mostly because he doesn't come to a definitive, clearcut answer. However, I do agree that I'd take "street smart" (aka, "common sense") over "book smart" in most situations. But "book smart" pays better...generally speaking.

giggle.gif In my "limited?" experience many Thai bargirls even with little formal education have quite an advanced knowledge of what a potential "customer" really wants....even when that " customer" keeps telling them they "really don't want" that.

That must be an "intelligence" outside of "formal education".

A good 30 years ago, while working in Saudi Arabia, I came to Bangkok for a short vacation.

I went into a local place for a "massage". While she was giving me a bath, the girl asked me where I worked. I told her Saudi Arabia, but I could see my message didn't get through to her.

Then, while she was soaping me down, and she was wearning nothing but a very short gown that left nothing to my imagination, I had the normal male response.

When she saw my response, the light came on. She said, "Oh, Saudi Arabia!" and she smiled.

And that's all you get of that story.

licklips.gif

V relevant I'm sure, but I'm missing the point.

The point is that the girl made the connection between his manhood and Saudi Arabia.

This required a broad ability to reason so she used her Fluid Intelligence.

She smiled as a sign to communicate her knowledge which equates Crystallized Intelligence.

Her service was not for free and her ability to manipulate numerical symbols equate a certain degree of Quantitative Reasoning.

The fact that she smiled after a while shows that she had the ability to apprehend and store information and retrieve it later which is relevant to Short Time Memory.

At the same time she used Auditory Processing in order to process and discriminate speech sounds that may be presented under distorted conditions while maintaining Processing Speed which is the ability to perform automatic cognitive tasks.

Depending the OP’s size there was probably some Visual Processing involved as well.

All in all she espoused the full range of intelligence.jap.gif

If you think that this is a sign of intelligence then I can only wonder mellow.png....

But it does explain the number of people who mistake 'street smarts' for intelligence.

I’m not sure if it is a mistake.

Surely among street smart people there must be some sort of pecking order whereby the smarter of street smart people outsmart the not so smart street smart people as a result of which the smarter street smart people will be considered more intelligent among their peers?