What'S This Fish ?

A couple of years back I was out on my afternoon motosai ride through darkside Pattaya when I spotted 2 small figures moving in the road ahead. At first I thought they was rats but when I got there they were fish, 1 of which had just been run over by a passing truck. I quickly dismounted and luckily there was a large pond right by the road so I picked up the 1 remaining alive fish and chucked it in.

So anyone know what it is and why they might be in the road, my guess is they fell off the back off a passing fishermans truck but the way they was semi walking I wondered if maybe it's a type of fish that can travel short distances over land.

post-106333-0-98395500-1327332368_thumb.

That's amazing! I immediately wondered 'sucker fish'?, as they are the same shape as the 2 in my pond - but mine don't have the stripes.

I didn't know they could 'walk' though!

Perhaps this topic would be better off in 'Plants, Pets and Vets' forum?

I sh

Perhaps this topic would be better off in 'Plants, Pets and Vets' forum?

I should of posted it there, mods please feel free to move it.

They wasn't really walking as such, I guess wrigging their way forward would be a better description. The wiki link states they're from central and south America, so I'm guessing they're an introduced species to south east Asia.

Lucky for the fish a Farang happened to chance by it, I guess it would of been in the pot if a thai had got their first.

They've become a pest in Thailand. I think it was last year, they had an 'Eradicate the Sucker Day' and pulled thousands out of the khlongs in some areas. The minister or whoever was leading the show was given grilled sucker but couldn't keep it down!

Edited by KhaoNiaw

They've become a pest in Thailand. I think it was last year, they had an 'Eradicate the Sucker Day' and pulled thousands out of the khlongs in some areas. The minister or whoever was leading the show was given grilled sucker but couldn't keep it down!

That sucks.