Blues Festival

Sir Burr

Just got back from the Arcadia where I tried to buy a couple of tickets for the Blues Festival.

Firstly, even though the venue is the Arcadia itself, very few of the staff are aware that their hotel is hosting the venue.

Secondly, when I finally found a hotel employee that did know about it, she said that they don't have any tickets as yet, and that I should leave my e-mail address where they will contact me within the next few days.

This does not bode well. Has anyone tried getting tickets at any other location?

Might wanna try here

But to quote...

Tickets

Tickets will be available online from November 10th and a variety of venues on the island including:

The Phuket Gazette Office - Phuket Town

The Green Man Pub - Rawai

The Yorkshire Inn - Patong

The Winchester Pub - Patong

Kashmir Restaurant - Cherngtalay

Albatross Restaurant - Cherngtalay

Diver's Bar - Surin

Jiva Resort' - Kata Beach

Kata Beach Resort - Kata Beach

Hilton Arcadia Resort and Spa - Karon

Wine and Taste - Cherngtalay;

and from

December 1: Central Festival - Phuket Town

I'm hopeing to go...

Well my mates there right now... and its going as per the original schedule...

Might wanna get your boys to call the organiser and find out the real score! I heard a rumour that it was cancelled, but apparently its just a rumour and total B*llsh*te...

I'll post more as and when i find out

In the Phuket Gazette

KARON: After a night of squalls and heavy rain the organizers of the Phuket Blues Festival - which opens tonight - have decided to move the two-day event indoors, into the ballroom of the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

The overnight storms blew down tents set up for the festival, shredding some of them, and turned the outdoor venue into a swamp. With the skies still dark this morning, the decision was made to move the music indoors.

Organizer Andy Andersen advised blues lovers to get to the venue early, in order to get good seats, as the ballroom is smaller than the outdoor venue.

The program is as follows:

Tonight: 5:30 pm doors open; 6:30 Blue On Blue (Bangkok); 8 pm The Blues Machine (Pattaya); 9:30 pm Soi Dog Blues Band (Bangkok); 11 pm Victor Brox Blues Train (UK).

Tomorrow night: 5:30 pm doors open; 6:30 pm Groove Doctors (Phuket); 7:15 pm Big Fat Blues Band (Phuket); 8:20 pm Cannonball (Bangkok); 9:45 pm Kyla Brox (UK); 11 pm Rich Harper Blues Band (USA).

Some tickets are still available and will be on sale in the main lobby of the resort, priced at 1,000 baht for either of the two nights, 1,600 baht for both nights, and 3,000 baht for two-night VIP access, allowing holders to go backstage and meet the bands.

The festival is presented by HotelTravel.Com and the Phuket Gazette.

Guess your band was fed the wrong information Dave

After reading the cancellation rumours I took a quick trip to the Arcadia and can confirm Wolfie's last couple of posts. The Festival IS going ahead tonight in the main hotel ballroom.

I don't know if this means Hilton priced drinks or not.

I also, from Dave's posts, don't know if there will be a gap in proceedings at 8pm!

Just had a word with someone connected to the event and from what i'm being told tonights gig was cancelled (by the hotel) due to the heavy rain etc... the Organisers met with the hotel and it was agreed that the ballroom could be used to host the event instead.

So there was some grain of truth to the rumours, however its not the case now.

Is there any video coverage from the Festival available?

Write ups?

:o

Hi there,

I did not go but a few of my friends did. The weather stopped a lot of people from going. I heard various numbers ranging from 50 to 80 people attending. It is was done in the ballroom which may have also dampened the "festival" atmosphere.