Mazda Bt-50 Launched

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My preference for a new truck is Freestyle cab, 3.2 with Auto gearbox, the way I am reading it neither Mazda or Ford are making this model, am I reading specs correctly?

Yes you are. I want the same thing.

Sent an email to Corp Mazda ...told me 3.2l freestyle 4x4 is a reality but delivery about June..not sure of year ....lol

Edited by David006

Im not looking to buy a new truck, but i'd go for the 4x2 3.2 opencab with a manual gearbox if they have it

What is Mazdas version of the Wildtrak?

Mazdas version of the wildtrack is the same, 3.2 available only in demo vehicle according to Global Fleet, but will be released in future,(HA HA HA).

@Big Guns and which engine? I am still waiting for my one.... in Black, if there are already some 3.2 out, I will push my dealer...

It was the 3.2 4x4 Auto

Justy called Rayong... they told me the not have any 3.2 yet...

They had the car a 3.2 black 4x4 Auto. It may have been a car waiting for delivery but they definately had it. I sat in the car and was very impressed with the interior.

My dealer Mazda Chonburi said:" we give you back the deposit, if you take the one in Rayong"

Rayong said they not had any 3.2, maybe it was the 2.2 top spec. and yes there are some 3.2 Ranger and BT-50's around but this are company Cars. I have same information the 3.2 is delayed up to July...

Edited by Superkatsu

My dealer Mazda Chonburi said:" we give you back the deposit, if you take the one in Rayong"

Rayong said they not had any 3.2, maybe it was the 2.2 top spec. and yes there are some 3.2 Ranger and BT-50's around but this are company Cars. I have same information the 3.2 is delayed up to July...

There is no 2.2 4x4 so someone's pulling your plonker mate. It was a black 4x4 3.2 Auto. The dealer is the one below, all I can say is someone's telling porky pies

Dreamcar Center Co., Ltd.

33/7 Moo 3 Sukhumvit Road, Tombol Nernphra Umphur Muang, Rayong 21000

I am really pissed... because I sent my wife to the Pattaya dealer, she told them that she knows that there is a BT-50 like we ordered in Rayong... maybe the Pattaya dealer called Rayong.... When we went there first time they even had no idea about the tax refund... all the sales staff had no idea... only answer was more then 3000cc no tax refund...

I am really pissed... because I sent my wife to the Pattaya dealer, she told them that she knows that there is a BT-50 like we ordered in Rayong... maybe the Pattaya dealer called Rayong.... When we went there first time they even had no idea about the tax refund... all the sales staff had no idea... only answer was more then 3000cc no tax refund...

Would be inclined to ask the dealers with so called 3.2s and 4x4 to snap and sms a couple of photos showing the 4x4 button and the 5 injectors and also maybe the inside of one front wheel showing the drive shaft...tell them to hold their id card in the pic otherwise you may get a brochure pic......lol just a thought....if they "cannot" then you won't waste a trip....

Edited by David006

My Mazda dealer just called today to tell me : my order for fsc 4x4 3.2 black cannot be delivery at the previous date, he just dont know about delivery time for this model, maybe never he said. He asked me if i want change to the same model with 4 doors, this one will be available, i didn't ask when because i dont want 4 doors.

sorry for my english

• Like 1

Got a letter from Mazda Corp today signed by Japanese chappie...apologies for delay...said not due to floods!...No new date though.

It is Thai so synopsis by the wife ..if anyone can translate will be glad to scan and post.

Getting so don't care if September....lol

Got a letter from Mazda Corp today signed by Japanese chappie...apologies for delay...said not due to floods!...No new date though.

It is Thai so synopsis by the wife ..if anyone can translate will be glad to scan and post.

Getting so don't care if September....lol

I wonder if the Japanese chappie could read it? :)

Seen a lot of the new BT50's on the roads in all colour's ...... What a difference the colour makes, the Black ones look bad, the the white and red look very good, blue and the gold looks OK. not sure about the grey or the beige look So so. but better than the Black ones..

Maybe it is me, but the Vigo looks good in Black

Report from Mazda Rayong... some BT-50 are there but not the 3.2 top spec... there was one for test drive but this one is now on the motorshow... and more professional staff then in Pattaya.

Just went to Ford to get deposit back (in and out in 30mins ..cash). Told us that nobody has any idea when 3.2 4x4 available..said a Trang gov big wig has one on order...no can...

Stopped by Mazda round the corner and got a July date on our order now instead of June...maybe a happy new year 2013 present ?? Such fun.....

Report from Mazda Rayong... some BT-50 are there but not the 3.2 top spec... there was one for test drive but this one is now on the motorshow... and more professional staff then in Pattaya.

Just went to Ford to get deposit back (in and out in 30mins ..cash). Told us that nobody has any idea when 3.2 4x4 available..said a Trang gov big wig has one on order...no can...

Stopped by Mazda round the corner and got a July date on our order now instead of June...maybe a happy new year 2013 present ?? Such fun.....

So the same issues as ford are also affecting the mazda bt-50? How about the top model 2.2, would it suffice, or is the 3.2 really worth holding out for?

So the same issues as ford are also affecting the mazda bt-50? How about the top model 2.2, would it suffice, or is the 3.2 really worth holding out for?

My guess would be yes since they are built in the same spot/same engine etc.

2.2 vs 3.2? I would say just depends on your intended usage

Edited by flying

no 4x4

no 4x4 in 2.2 they tell me

no 4x4 in 2.2 they tell me

Correct which for my intended use is ok

http://www.mazda.co....lecab_price.php

95% of my driving is on road, so 4 x 4 isn't necessary (but you got to have it if you want the extra power of the 3.2. And unladen, would you notice the difference much between the 2.2 and 3.2? I would think the difference would be more noticeable when hauling a ton. However I thought I read the acceleration to a 100 is about 2 seconds difference which is quite significant. I'd be more interested in 80-120, then it's important for overtaking. The fuel economy from the 2.2 should be better also.

I've seen a few bt-50's on the road and it doesn't look too bad (until you see a ranger). I think I'd get smoked / dark rear lights to make them look less prominent (might look good on the black / dark grey vehicle). However the top xlt seems to miss out on a lot of stuff (need the wildtrak) compared to the top 2.2 bt-50. Will need to take a closer look at the mazda at the show.

There are some nice looking bull bars from Australia available for the bt50, anyone know if they are available here, or we need to wait for local shops to make them?

Hmm.. was wondering the same thing myself. I have the 2.2 on order but now I tempted on the 3.2 because of the added stability control, DSC, ESP or whatever they are calling it. Could be life saving say driving at highway speeds and a tire blows or if you have to quickly swerve or hydroplane in the rain. I know some will say don't need it if you have driving skill. But hey sometimes you have to make up for what other drivers lack.

Hmm.. was wondering the same thing myself. I have the 2.2 on order but now I tempted on the 3.2 because of the added stability control, DSC, ESP or whatever they are calling it. Could be life saving say driving at highway speeds and a tire blows or if you have to quickly swerve or hydroplane in the rain. I know some will say don't need it if you have driving skill. But hey sometimes you have to make up for what other drivers lack.

Unless you really need a vehicle now, I'd wait for the 3.2. A pickup would be my "second car", so I'm in no hurry; though the specs on the top 2.2 look ok. Problem with the 3.2 is delivery time...when ???? By then, even the everest / new escape could be available. I'm I'd be more likely to choose something like that over a pickup.

Buying a truck in Thailand is d@mn frustrating! Initially ordered the Ford in Dec. and then ordered the Mazda in March because of the Wildtrak debacle and delivery is sometime near the end of Apr or May (if I can believe the guy). Then wait another month for white plates...what is that...7 months or so. And no use in trying to escalate the issue...no one cares.

Edited by mr3cho