Phukethospital For Childbirth?

albhol

My girlfriend is pregnant and wants to give birth in Phuket, which hospital and which gynecologist should be chosen?

My girlfriend thinks because the recommendation of a friend to the "Phuket Adverntist (Mission) Hospital"...

Would go no risk, need a really good hospital AND a trustworthy doctor, who is working there.

Thanks for your recommendation (bad experiences are also welcome)!

Do you have a budget, or are you looking for " the best"? Prices can vary quite a bit with mission being on the low side.

Thanks. The price is secondary, but I do not expect that a higher price necessarily leads to better performance, especially since the result depends also on the personal skills of the doctor.

I usually recommend Bangkok Phuket hospital for most things, but, have heard that the International Hospital is the best for OB/GYN and births. Most of my friends with kids had them delivered there. Never heard any complaints.

Thanks. Could you also recommend "the best" doctor there, so I can give my girlfriend in good hands?

Edited by albhol

All of my friends who have babies - both Thai & Western - have had their children at Mission Hospital.

Thanks! If someone wants his doctors recommendation not be public, please send me a PM.

(Afraid to come to an inexperienced doctor who works in a good hospital)

Edited by albhol

thats mostly because of the price. C section with private room is 30k~ and natural birth is 15k~

Even poor thais will save a ton not to end up at vachira for birthgiving. Lots of them will even go to a loanshark.

Edited by thaiIand

Provisional Summery:

The "Vachira" should be avoided, the "Bangkok-Phuket" is not particularly recommended.

It seems to be a race between the "Mission" and the "International Hospital".

In the good and cheaper "Mission", most children are born,

probably only because the better (? if... yes, in what way?) "International Hospital" is more expensive.

The question remains: Which doctor in the "International Hospital" is experienced and should be chosen.

Appreciate any further information or suggestion!

What about a mid-wife?

15,000 baht seems like a lot for something so natural. The other mammals seem to get it done with no complaints.

I would think reasonable places it could be done for 2000-6000 baht

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

My girlfriend is pregnant and wants to give birth in Phuket, which hospital and which gynecologist should be chosen?

Seriously, I have hung out at the materDnity ward at Mission before (heh, those girls put out) and that would be my recomendation as it doean't appear to be any worse then the more expensive Phuket International (Sirirot) or Bangkok-Phuket International. Use Vichara or Patong Hospitals, (both are government) only if you are completely broke.

Edited by LivinginKata
Inflammatory remark removed

• 2 weeks later...

Phuket International is a good standard...

Would not give recommendation as I do not know mission hospital but just some few things to take in consideration:

The doctor we used at Phuket International was specialized in natural birth, was quite reluctant with other methods so would probably not have been good with them...

Seems that each doctor has a specialty so first maybe is a good idea to decide which method you want to use for delivery....

Also, most hospital doctor do not work as exclusive contract, some good doctor (more expensive maybe) can also take care of you in personal office, clinic and so on, outside of hospital "package prices"..

Could be a good idea to visit both hospitals and different doctors at start and decide which you both feel comfortable with smile.png

Edited by LivinginKata
defamatory comment removed

The other mammals seem to get it done with no complaints.

Maybe because you don't notice the dead and damaged ones?

It's all a part of the life process. Our expectations sometimes get in the way of what is. In the bigger scheme of things, its all good either way you slice it.