Great Auto A/C Service In Rayong

Javabear

I have a 2003 Honda CR-V that has been having A/C problems for some time. I've had others make several attempts at it and at best it would work for a few days then quit again. This has been going on and on for over a year.

I was finally referred to a shop called Hi Tech Auto Air (081-863-1313). They were not very busy when my wife and I got there and they were able to take a quick look. The initial diagnosis was that we had a bad compressor but there was another vehicle ahead of us and if we could leave our car they would call us with a complete diagnosis and estimate.

They called a few hours later and explained that not only was our compressor shot but that one of the previous mechanics had swapped in an undersized condensor coil and that our evaporator coil was extremely dirty and most likely completely contaminated with the dirty refrigerant oil from the bad compressor. The estimate was THB 24,000 but that it would be ready the next day. They also offered a 20,000 km gaurantee. As I had had more than enough of driving around Thailand with no A/C I ok'd the repairs.

The next day my wife and I go to pick up our car and the owner of the shop has all the old parts layed out for us to show me what the problems were. He also had printed up a sheet in english to explain exactly what was wrong. This is good because I don't speak much Thai and my wife doesn't know the english words for most auto parts. I checked the car over and everything looked to be in order so I started it and kicked the A/C on high. It would be an understatement to say the A/C was fixed. Our A/C now blows air so cold that I cannot keep it on max cool for more than about 10 minutes. With the car idling in front of the shop, it took about 15 minutes for the windows to fog up and we could write with our fingers on the outside of the glass.

The bill was THB 23,780. The owner could have clipped me for the extra THB 220 but he did not need to. The owner speaks a little english and also told me that he had worked at a Toyota dealer for 15 years before opening his own shop. All in all I am very happy with the service and the result and I recommend anyone in Rayong that has auto A/C problems pay this shop a visit.