Best Credit Card

corkman

I went to get my Bangkok Bank credit card today. I have no work permit so it is a secured one.

To my surprise I got two cards. A Titanium Master Card and a Visa Platinum card. None of those I had requested for. I requested a "simple" Visa card without cash back and/or reward points. I accepted the cards but did not trust it so I looked at the fees for these cards. For both there is an entrance fee of 1000 baht and the annual fees are 1500 and 3000 baht.

This did not make me happy. So I called customer service. The guy on the phone was willing to cancel one or both cards. Whatever I wanted. But he did not explain much. One time he mumbled something about no annual fees if you use the card for "more or less???" than 5000 baht. I stopped the cancellation at that point and asked him if I understood him correctly and whether is was "more" or "less". Even after asking several times I still did not understand his English. So I had the Visa card cancelled. But in this thread I read that someone with a city card only pais an annual fee if he spent less than "a certain amount". Can somebody help me out here? Is this also true for the Bangkok Bank card I got? And is this certain amount in the case of Bangkok bank 5000 baht? And is this 5000 baht per month or per year?

Thank you very much in advance.

Advice about using or not using a credit card is not needed. I decided after four years Thailand that I needed a Thai credit card. And I guarantee you that I will not pay 20% interest. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic