Dowry

grapetable

One of my nieces is getting married next month, she finished M3, sinsot 70,000 baht. Her older sister who's a bit brighter, finished M6, had someone interested but her parents wanted 100,000 baht. He didn't have it so that was the end of that, or rather him. Another brother in law's daughter got married for the second time, sinsot, 40,000 baht.

In my experience the girls who come from secure and stable families will usually require sinsot. Orphans or those from broken homes are another story.

You are completely offbase about stable/secure families require sinsot infact direct opposite from my experience and btw there is no second sinsot for a lady who has been married previously. :D

Correcto :o

Well anyone who lives out in the sticks and goes to lots of Thai weddings will tell you differently, unless of course everyone comes from unstable/unsecure families as there is sin sot shown at every wedding. What actually happens to the money after is an other thing and you are unlikly to know unless you are a very close friend of the family or actually family. Most stable and secure families want some sin sot, to actually show that the groom is "stable and secure" and is prepared to show some commitment to their daughter

As for the second marrige bit I've personaly never seen it, but then again I've never been to a wedding where its the brides second marrage, around here they would usually not bother and just live with each other, but obviously there is sin sot for second marrages as Bannorks neice is getting some, I would asume that she was still quite young and that it was the grooms first marrage.

RC

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images