Baby Daughter Thai Passport

Baby daughter Thai passport

We are Just about to send off an application for our baby daughter first UK passport this week daughter born in the UK wife (mum)Thai with ILR. My question is this

My wife wants to go back to Thailand for a few months maybe 6 later this year and we wish to apply for my daughter to have a Thai passport also. This would make it easy with an overstay? If our daughter went out on a Thai passport then she would not require a visa extension. (Am I correct in this thinking?)

Would it be best to apply here in the UK at the Thai embassy London or can it be done in Thailand without me. I will be away in Germany so I won’t be able to go with them.

We believe the farther “me” needs to be present in Thailand.

Any other options or advice on how we can do the above would be grateful.

Your wife should apply for your daughter's passport at the Thai embassy in the UK, where the child was born. It she hasn't got a Thai birth certificate yet, get that one also from the embassy, at the same time as you apply for her passport. I believe you do not have to be physically present for the passport application but probably sign your agreement on some form. Have your wife call the embassy for details.

before your daughter can get a Thai PP, she'll need to get a Thai BC. Given your daughter was born in the UK, only the Thai embassy in London has juristiction to issue a Thai BC for her.

You can apply for a passport at the same time. It generally requires both parents to be present for the passport application, though check whether there is any documentation you can sign in advance. Your daughter will need to attend the embassy however to get her photo taken by the special passport processing equipment they have there.

For travel, depart and re-enter the UK on the UK passport.

Enter and depart Thailand on the Thai passport.

Immigration don't care about 'stamp trails' in passports.

Always show both passports to airline check in to show you don't need visa's for the UK and Thailand respectively.

Edited by samran

You will need to folow the procedure described by Samran, you should start it right away.

If there is not enough time, let your wife take the birth certificate with her. On proof of Thai nationality (the UK-birth certificate might do that), there will be no problem getting an extension of stay for your daughter. In any event, overstay of a minor under 15 years old is not charged anyway (but is recorded in the passport).