Are Thais Mostly Good Drinker?

sunnyhor

Your average Aussie or Brit expat or holiday maker is a terrible and violent drunk compared with Thais. Just look at the violence that happens often in the more touristy areas. I see primarily English speaking yobbo types starting the most trouble.

• Like 2

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now....I rarely drink with Thais. -

Does this mean you perfer to drink alone????

Yeah, I much prefer a couple of glasses at home or with other moderate drinkers than drinking with sloppy, loud, stupid Thais or Falangs. I am my own best company.....a habit that I developed after going to a lot of local Thai and falang occasions where it mostly turns out ugly and boooooring to watch others drink after I've had enough and know when to stop. Not saying that i'm any better than them, just not my cup of alcohol any more........

• Like 1

It depends on the crowd you hang out with.

That's the truth....but I really don't 'hang out' with any crowds. The occasional birthday and or friends dropping by for dinner, I enjoy.

I used to feel an obligation to attend local gatherings wat celebrations, funerals, weddings, house warmings and endless excuses for the locals to drink til they drop and mostly, I was the only falang and politely endured the drunken baby talk, but now, I just send the wife to represent me. My time is too valuable to waste watching drunks....just to 'show' that I'm sociable.

• Like 1

The heaviest Thai drinker I know is a motorcycle-taxi guy. Drinks Thai whiskey unitl he passes out, wakes up several hours later, finishes the bottle and then goes out to work...unsure.png

A man's man, indeed.

No a Complete prat !!

Your average Aussie or Brit expat or holiday maker is a terrible and violent drunk compared with Thais. Just look at the violence that happens often in the more touristy areas. I see primarily English speaking yobbo types starting the most trouble.

Less we all forget. Probably the nastiest drunks around.

At home and abroad. But subliminally excused.....becaused their of the civilised class.

<deleted>.

Just 5 of us, 1.5 Litre of Whiskey and 2 carton of Leo in one night.

Good drinkers, you sound like lightweights.biggrin.png

6 large bottles of Chang classic and you don't feel drunk you got a problem IMO.

6 large bottles of Chang and you end up necking lady boys whistling.gifwhistling.gif

So, now....I rarely drink with Thais. -

Does this mean you perfer to drink alone????

Yeah, I much prefer a couple of glasses at home or with other moderate drinkers than drinking with sloppy, loud, stupid Thais or Falangs. I am my own best company.....a habit that I developed after going to a lot of local Thai and falang occasions where it mostly turns out ugly and boooooring to watch others drink after I've had enough and know when to stop. Not saying that i'm any better than them, just not my cup of alcohol any more........

That's unbelievable a moderate drinker only around drinkers who can't control there drinking. Change your friends.

Try 1 bottle of JW black, 2 big bottles of sang-som, lots of water (thai's n whisky n water??) 3 cases of singha/chang between me and my new found Thai friends,4 of us in total... On the beach on Loy Krathong night 2010! Only thing was I had a flight to catch at 0400, we drank the lot tho and I somehow made it to the airport and check in at 0130 ? Amazing to say the least,back home here in Scotland I would probably be dead or in prison if I drank that much in 5hrs!

Amazing Thailand

im surprised they let you on the plane and didn't consider you combustible. Must have stank to high heaven to the person next to you.

Yeah so am I :-) I can slightly remember scrubbing my mouth out at the airport. The night was totally unplanned, I never drink whisky here in Scotland, I'm amazed I managed to keep it together. The sad thing is if the same happened back home, strangers meeting and drinking whisky & beer then no doubt extreme violence would be part of the nights entertainment. I've felt safe with Thai's that I have drank with, but hey probably 90% of then have been female :-)

I don;'t know about you, but generally speaking, I have been able to avoid extreme violence wherever I've gone; an occasional clap in the chops from being over-familiar, but that's about it. And I would not like to say that Sukhumvit was more or less safe than Salford, nor to compare Samutprakarn with Seaton Sands... nor Jumeirah and Juniper Green, or Deira and Dalry.

SC

Juniper Green-Dalry, both 10 mins from my house. A good night out(or not so good) in the pubs near these area's (Wester Hailes-Broomhouse-Sighthill etc) always ends up in violence, Monday morning headlines in the papers are full of the weekends slashings/stabbings/murders! The reason I don't go out drinking here.

I love drinking with Thai's tho :-)

I don't get the title of this post. Whats the definition of a "good drinker". As soon as I read the title of this thread, I thought to myself- Hell, most good drinkers I know are drunkards!!"

cheers drunk.gif

Good drinker = moderate drinker.