New Chang Beer

petercallen

you guys live in denial, rather drink the 10% cocksperm black beer you could buy for 3$ in canada than chang or singha..

Then there is real bull sperm and tiger that are pretty close to each other.

Thank buddah for asahi/heineken/san miguel.. Nothing good but very drinkable

dont get it though, it cant be that hard to make a decent beer, pretty much every cheap molson beers in canada tastes ok

That's all ok, if your beer standard is defined by Budweiser .

Cheers beer is my favorite of the local beers.

you guys live in denial, rather drink the 10% cocksperm black beer you could buy for 3$ in canada than chang or singha..

Then there is real bull sperm and tiger that are pretty close to each other.

dont get it though, it cant be that hard to make a decent beer, pretty much every cheap molson beers in canada tastes ok

I like Asahi with Sushi, but not without food

San Miguel is great, but slightly to rich if I want 3 liter. San Miguel Light is great to avoid increased weight

Heineken is 100% piss, not drinkable

Leo, Chang Classic, San Mig and Tiger

if not I pass

glad we are all differentgiggle.gif

I treated myself with some german style beer glasses, makes beer taste so much better. Then a kind woman made me an ice coffee in one of them, topped with cream, and of course now the beer dies in seconds due to glass have contained milk once. Is there any way to get it clean/ok again or is this glass to be a milk glass forever? or more likely garbaged as I dont want to risk any more mixups with the other beer glasses

clean with warm water? I cant believe people still do their dishes with cold water.. unsanitary smile.png

well, my hotwatertank is 85C, so at tap its at least 65C

and my dishwasher is 65C

and the beer still dies in this glass

my son is a chef, and they throw away beer glasses every week as been used for milk, their dishwasher is 85C

on this very forum I have learned to remove calcium stain from black bathroomfloor tiles with simple winegar, just wondered if anyone had similar tricks to milky beer glasses

The main culprit for 'milky' glasses is yeast deposits from beer. Where you see bubbles clinging to the inside walls of a glass, it's yeast that causes this. The best way to get rid of this is to soak the glasses in a bowl of water, with a small amount of the solution that bars use to clean their draught beer pipes (be careful, as in concentrate it's very acidic - read the instructions). The water with solution added will have a 'slippery' feel if you rub your fingers together in it.

If you know anyone with a bar serving draught beer, ask them what they use. If your question draws a blank look, that's probably because they don't clean the pipes, and their beer is crap! drunk.gif

i use my beer mugs for milk sometimes and beer is fine in it, i always boil water when i wash them though. Use a mountain of soap and lukewarm water.

mild water isnt much different than toilet water.. that's why at thai restaurant i prefer when they give me my food on takeout thick paper wink.png

Thanks for that calcium stain tip!

Edited by thaiIand

We have been enjoying 'Phuket Beer' in my house.

It's available at the SuperCheap nearest Wat Chalong, opposite the PTT station. I'd like to hear your comments.

i was a little disappointed with the carlsberg but now i think about it, i had quite a few other beverages before tasting it... drunk.gif

Utensils with milk must be rinsed in cold water. Otherwise the protein sticks. Then wash with hot soapy water. I think that once the protein has stuck it's very hard to remove, especially from glass. But I don't drink beer out of a glass, so can't help with that bit.

KBB's quest is pretty much perfect home science project. The more tries and errors, the more fun (and drunk).

I suppose milk leaves hardened protein stains behind. Rubbing acid solution or common vinegar could work.

----

http://chem.rochester.edu/~nvd/cleaningglassware.html

Protein Contamination Usually proteins can be removed scrubbing with detergent, but occasionally protein defies removal. In that event, you can proceed to the more aggressive acidic solutions, or you can prepare a peptidase solution (an enzyme that degrades proteins). The enzymatic approach is a bit slower than the forcing methods, but it is gentler and so can be used in situations that the contaminated item is incompatible with acid.

----

If in a bar, throwing the contaminated glasses to the trash is an cost issue, I'd give a try with ultrasonic cleaner filled with water and vinegar solution. Those cleaners can be bought from Amon with few thousand bahts.

thanks for the feedback on milk. last night we went through all glasses, great fun, and discoverd two are milk contaminated. problem is this morning my maid washed them all, and we need to do it again, to find those again to smash them. 50 baht each so not a major disaster. milk seems to have no negative impact on other beverages like whisky. wish me good luck in the seadrunk.gif rch