Bts / Mrt Have Children Fare?

4evermaat

I will be taking 6yr old daughter some places that will require BTS. Is there special fare or free for young children?

While i'm at it, does MRT have special fare?

Normally on the coach buses, they can sit in your lap no charge.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from ThaiVisa app.

No special fare for kids. It is only a dollar man!

Trying to save every baht i can;)

Depends on how tall she is, kids below 1.20m are free, otherwise same fare as adults.

They do have special fares, like 20 trips ticket, monthly tickets, student tickets, etc.

Depends on how tall she is, kids below 1.20m are free, otherwise same fare as adults.

They do have special fares, like 20 trips ticket, monthly tickets, student tickets, etc.

I was informed by the BTS staff that the height of the child must be under 90cm, if over they pay the full price.

For MRT, children up to 14yo and up to 90cm will have free ride - Those up to 14yo but between 91 and 120 cm will get discount rate.

http://www.bangkokme...Menu=13&Lang=En

For BTS, no discount rate, just free for children up to a certain height (I think 90cm).

a 14 year old that is less than 1.20m is probably a rare sight, my 7 year old is taller than that and she's one of the smallest in her class!

I was informed by the BTS staff that the height of the child must be under 90cm, if over they pay the full price.

Found on the MRT Website

Additional privilege:

1) Children who is not more than 14 years old and is not more than 90 cm. tall will be entitled to the free ride.

2) Children who is not more than 14 years old and 91-120 cm. tall will be entitled to the discount rate.