FreePlayo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 0.02 for the developers:

I hate websites that send the password I just created as "cleartext" in an unencypted and potentially unsecure confirmation email.

You have a "forgotten password" recovery system for people who are too stupid to remember a password that they just created, so is it necessary to send it in the confirmation email?

Edited by bino

My 0.02 for the developers: I hate websites that send the password I just created as "cleartext" in an unencypted and potentially unsecure confirmation email. You have a "forgotten password" recovery system for people who are too stupid to remember a password that they just created, so is it necessary to send it in the confirmation email?

Hi Bino,

Please feel free to send a private message to me to discuss better options for the forgetten password recovery system.

Thanks!

How does the claiming of cash work? Pick the reward and then go down to that establishment with the email to pick up the cash?

Hi Jayman,

What you describe is essentially what you need to do.

However because it is still early days for both FreePlayo and our sponsors it is best, before you visit, to ensure that you contact the sponsor business and communicate with someone who knows about the sponsorship -- we provide an email and/or a contact number in the Player Reward Ticket email -- just in case the information hasn't been filtered down to front office staff. Also please do read the Terms & Conditions on each Reward before claiming it.

Edited by FreePlayo

How does the claiming of cash work? Pick the reward and then go down to that establishment with the email to pick up the cash?
Hi Jayman, What you describe is essentially what you need to do. However because it is still early days for both FreePlayo and our sponsors it is best, before you visit, to ensure that you contact the sponsor business and communicate with someone who knows about the sponsorship -- we provide an email and/or a contact number in the Player Reward Ticket email -- just in case the information hasn't been filtered down to front office staff. Also please do read the Terms & Conditions on each Reward before claiming it.

I'm glad you brought up the terms and conditions. I started to read them and I noticed that for the food reward I have chosen I need to bring in a friend with me in order to use the reward. Doesn't really mention how much we both must eat just that I have to bring a friend. For the 500thb reward I have to bring 2 friends.

I'm glad you brought up the terms and conditions. I started to read them and I noticed that for the food reward I have chosen I need to bring in a friend with me in order to use the reward. Doesn't really mention how much we both must eat just that I have to bring a friend. For the 500thb reward I have to bring 2 friends.

Depending on the specific Reward you are referring to, it is likely that you will get xxx Baht (the value of the Reward) off the food component of a bill; any food orders over that amount you would pay, and you would pay for any drinks you order. That should be clear on that in the Terms & Conditions of each specific Reward. If it isn't clear please PM me. Also it is more than likely that you would take someone along to a sit-down restaurant meal -- friend, associate, significant other, casual partner -- so that condition should not be a problem for most people.

Depending on the specific Reward you are referring to, it is likely that you will get xxx Baht (the value of the Reward) off the food component of a bill; any food orders over that amount you would pay, and you would pay for any drinks you order. That should be clear on that in the Terms & Conditions of each specific Reward. If it isn't clear please PM me. Also it is more than likely that you would take someone along to a sit-down restaurant meal -- friend, associate, significant other, casual partner -- so that condition should not be a problem for most people.

Yeah for me to take my wife to a Mexican spot is not a big deal but I wouldn't expect her to order much. Perhaps I'm better off just taking the cash or choosing a different spot. I didn't read the terms when I claimed it but I'm sure I'll still be able to get the value out of it.

It's always nice to save money when going out.

Hi Jayman, What you describe is essentially what you need to do. However because it is still early days for both FreePlayo and our sponsors it is best, before you visit, to ensure that you contact the sponsor business and communicate with someone who knows about the sponsorship -- we provide an email and/or a contact number in the Player Reward Ticket email -- just in case the information hasn't been filtered down to front office staff. Also please do read the Terms & Conditions on each Reward before claiming it.

that'll be no good for me then

i don't have any friends, only the dog...........

Hi Bino,

Please feel free to send a private message to me to discuss better options for the forgetten password recovery system.

Thanks!

Private message? What for?

You seem to have missed my point. The password recovery is not the issue. The issue is with your registration and confirmation process. The email that gets sent as part of the registration process with a link to confirm my account has my password included in cleartext.

Hi Bino, Please feel free to send a private message to me to discuss better options for the forgetten password recovery system. Thanks!
Private message? What for? You seem to have missed my point. The password recovery is not the issue. The issue is with your registration and confirmation process. The email that gets sent as part of the registration process with a link to confirm my account has my password included in cleartext.

Yes, you are right. (It was late!) We'll look into it.

OS is XP sp3

Browser is IE8

After choosing 5 logos I clicked 'Playo' and nothing happened, I left it for a few minutes while posting on here and still it was frozen although the moving banner was running across the top.

I clicked the Playo tab on the left and it re-opened the logo page and I was able to re-select 5 logos and this time it accepted them.

OS is XP sp3 Browser is IE8 After choosing 5 logos I clicked 'Playo' and nothing happened, I left it for a few minutes while posting on here and still it was frozen although the moving banner was running across the top. I clicked the Playo tab on the left and it re-opened the logo page and I was able to re-select 5 logos and this time it accepted them.

Thanks for reporting! Unless it's happened to you before it could be just be a one-off browser cache issue. But do please PM me or post if it happens again.

OS is XP sp3 Browser is IE8 After choosing 5 logos I clicked 'Playo' and nothing happened, I left it for a few minutes while posting on here and still it was frozen although the moving banner was running across the top. I clicked the Playo tab on the left and it re-opened the logo page and I was able to re-select 5 logos and this time it accepted them.

Thanks for reporting! Unless it's happened to you before it could be just be a one-off browser cache issue. But do please PM me or post if it happens again.

Exact same has happened to me about 4 or 5 times now?

Hi LennyW,

What operating system and browser do you use?

Thanks.

Hi LennyW,

What operating system and browser do you use?

Thanks.

XP pro and IE8, been ok for today's first try though.

Just curious, earlier in this topic the owners claim that freeplayo is a "game of chance" by definition and substance of how this works it appears to be a form of gambling and I thought gambling was illegal in Thailand?

Although nothing is invested, their is a system of reward for winnings which again by a legal definition would classify this as a form of gambling.

Numerous news stories are reported in this forum and throughout all medias about people being arrested for playing so-called "Games of Chance".

Just curious, earlier in this topic the owners claim that freeplayo is a "game of chance" by definition and substance of how this works it appears to be a form of gambling and I thought gambling was illegal in Thailand?

Although nothing is invested, their is a system of reward for winnings which again by a legal definition would classify this as a form of gambling.

Numerous news stories are reported in this forum and throughout all medias about people being arrested for playing so-called "Games of Chance".

that is a good point but I'm not sure how this could be classified as gambling since the players are putting nothing up in order to play.

Yes I previously mentioned that nothing was put forward, but there is a system of reward for participation which could easily be argued in a biased court of law, which we all know does not exist here, that this is gambling and all participants, sponsors etc could be guilty of breaking the Law.

Again, I don't think it is clear cut as we would all like to think especially by definition under which side of the law this may or may not sit, albeit a very clever idea and program developed by the owners to which my hat goes off to them.

And if found not to be on the correct side of the law is this to also contrary to item 16 of the Forums own Rules?

Yes I previously mentioned that nothing was put forward, but there is a system of reward for participation which could easily be argued in a biased court of law, which we all know does not exist here, that this is gambling and all participants, sponsors etc could be guilty of breaking the Law.

Again, I don't think it is clear cut as we would all like to think especially by definition under which side of the law this may or may not sit, albeit a very clever idea and program developed by the owners to which my hat goes off to them.

And if found not to be on the correct side of the law is this to also contrary to item 16 of the Forums own Rules?

Once again, since there is no risk on the side of the player I just don't see how this can be classified as gambling. It's a game with FREE prizes. I think you making a much bigger deal about this that needs be. I think it would be an entirely different situation if we had to pay for the right to play and win prizes.

I am no lawyer but IMHO this is less gambling than the games in the mall that you pay to play for the chance to win prizes or tickets to cash in for prizes. (like the claw game that is so popular)

Edited by Jayman

Surely to gamble you need to place a bet of some description?

Where is the bet in playing this game?

You play a game of chance every time you cross second road or drive a motorbike in Pattaya!!

Hey PlayoMeisters

Was just looking at your site and saw something in the fine print of one of your sponsors

Regarding "Tequila Reef Cantina Mexican Food"

The print say "Exchange 500 FreePlayo points for a chance for you and two friends to sample 500 baht worth of Pattaya's tastiest Mexican and American food at Tequila Reef Cantina."

What does "for a chance mean"

If I get 500 points, what are the chances I get the 500 baht coupon?

Hey PlayoMeisters Was just looking at your site and saw something in the fine print of one of your sponsors Regarding "Tequila Reef Cantina Mexican Food" The print say "Exchange 500 FreePlayo points for a chance for you and two friends to sample 500 baht worth of Pattaya's tastiest Mexican and American food at Tequila Reef Cantina." What does "for a chance mean" If I get 500 points, what are the chances I get the 500 baht coupon?

Well spotted, LuckyLew!

That's been edited to "Exchange 500 FreePlayo points for you and two friends to sample 500 Baht's worth of Pattaya's tastiest ... "

Thanks