PM Yingluck Forced To Speak To Virtually Empty Seminar Room

webfact

It's highly doubtful that those that missed the Meeting and Speech,would have missed much anyway,

seems that even the Newspaper Reporters are finding it difficult to make a story out of nothing!

Well they managed to make a "story" out of the fact that the PM was annoyed by having to speak to an empty room didn't they? And true to form because it could be construed that this makes a member of the Shiniwatra clan look "bad" we get 4 pages of car wreck voyeurism by the usual suspects.....................

• Like 2

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now if only you could have informed me of my mistake in as gracious a manner as I have apologised we might get on a bit better

You mean in the same "gracious manner" as you originally asked about it or the other 2 episodes in the past 2 days you attempted to sling mud over nothing in ever-increasingly feeble attempts to write something derisive?

bah.gif

Indeed, it might have been delivered in more friendly terms IF,

the whole point of the post it responded to was not

to specifically provoke embarrassment for another,

then the response to it's blatant inaccuracy and partisaness,

might well have been less strident.

Instead it was delivered with accuracy,

in the spirit to which the original comments were obviously intended.

Edited by animatic

Clearly Manager and TAN decided the contents of the speech,

likely and predictably boilerplate writen by others,

that few if any invitees of importance took seriously enough to come and listen to,

was much, much LESS of a story, than the fact so many invitees blew it off en masse.

And the lame catch up attempt of trying to get crew and hotel staff to fill the seats

in an exercise of image crafting over substance and truth.

That really is the story today.

The Big Dis, by so many that actually matter to Thailands functioning.

Edited by animatic

Thought this wad finny, even if not directly related.

@Ryn_writes: Yingluck's "official Business card" as Prime Mister of Thailand. Her husband's name also on. http://t.co/XE8AdvUH

It's important to know whom to contact when one needs some influenced peddled. I give her a couple of points for cutting out the middlemen.

But ignoring the direct contact details.

PM Forced to Speak to Virtually Empty Seminar Room

yingluckemptyroom.jpgLaughing-2.gif

accompanying photo to the OP article

My isn't that strange, Buchholz helpfully provides the "accompanying photo to the OP article" - Except there isn't one

http://www.tannetwor...?DataID=1052188

And suprise, suprise guess where this photo originated, yes that good old photobucket album, rightie1.

Who is supplying your photo database, Buchholz?

While waiting for Buchholz to respond, let's have another example of Yingluck's shining diplomatic and reasoning skills in action during a public forum:

Days could be spent studying the many layers in her response...

She lost her ENTIRE face on that answer. All that is left of her face are those indescribable teeth. And, as others have put it, her issue has very little to do with lack of English language ability. Her words in Thai are only marginally more intelligible.

It's highly doubtful that those that missed the Meeting and Speech,would have missed much anyway,

seems that even the Newspaper Reporters are finding it difficult to make a story out of nothing!

Well they managed to make a "story" out of the fact that the PM was annoyed by having to speak to an empty room didn't they? And true to form because it could be construed that this makes a member of the Shiniwatra clan look "bad" we get 4 pages of car wreck voyeurism by the usual suspects.....................

"car wreck voyeurism"

Ok, THAT made me laugh...

laugh.png

You are again missing the point. The story shows that reporters and businessmen have finally come to the conclusion that it is not worth the time listening to the Thai PM stammering through her script. And they don't even bother to send a cancellation note, accepting that it could cause this embarrasing scenario.

On the other hand, what did you expect when a political clueless rich girl is suddenly put on the PM's seat? Hidden talents only emerge in certain Hollywood movies.

• Like 2

Clearly Manager and TAN decided the contents of the speech,

likely and predictably boilerplate writen by others,

that few if any invitees of importance took seriously enough to come and listen to,

was much, much LESS of a story, than the fact so many invitees blew it off en masse.

And the lame catch up attempt of trying to get crew and hotel staff to fill the seats

in an exercise of image crafting over substance and truth.

That really is the story today.

The Big Dis, by so many that actually matter to Thailands functioning.

"Clearly Manager and TAN decided the contents of the speech ... was much, much LESS of a story, ..."

Obviously.

Sondi is not interested in reporting news. The Manager, ASTV, and TAN are propaganda machines parading around in journalists' clothing. Their main intent is to attack the PTP and the UDD at every opportunity.

The fact that the PM was presenting the government's economic policy and outlook for 2012 and beyond doesn't fit Sondi's agenda.

My isn't that strange, Buchholz helpfully provides the "accompanying photo to the OP article" - Except there isn't one

some people however much the truth of these robber baron clowns is shown still have little between their ears What a pathetic bunch of people these taksin followers are

• Like 1

On the other hand,it could be construed that she wasn't worth the effort to turn up, and listen to the usual all pomp,and no substance speech.........simple as that.

• Like 1

Well, lots of speculation in this thread. This how how things work:

An organisation plans a PR event and invites a VIP as the guest speaker.

The VIP's secretary wants to know how many people are expected, and what kind of people (press, business leaders, etc) these are, and where the event will take place.

This is done months in advance, as the VIP has a full schedule.

The VIP agrees, and the PR machine is set in motion to make sure these people do attend the event. That is the job of the host, i.e. the organisation that first contacted the VIP's office.

I have attended quite a number of such events with Thai Prime Ministers as the guest speakers (i.e. the VIP) but I never heard about this particular event. Not saying that I expect an invitation to each event the Thai PM attends, but if the host/organigser does not get enough confirmations, they should widen their target audience.

I think the major failure here is on the side of the host. Yes, the PM lost face in the press, and I think the result of that will be that no Thai PM will accept an invitation from this organisation any more. I don't think the speaker can be blamed for the failure of the organiser to fill the room.

• Like 2

And suprise, suprise guess where this photo originated, yes that good old photobucket album, rightie1.

So, Buchholz stores pictures on Photobucket, what's your point?

Original picture here on tannetwork.

http://www.tannetwor...aspx?ID=1120609

He is a devoted admirer of Thaksin. She is his clone leaves him no choice but to try to defend her. Even if it means posting nonsense. It will make sense to his fellow red shirts.

People didn't come because they all ready know what she is going to say and they are professional people so they know it will be just more rhetoric to try to make it look like they are doing some good for Thailand.

I am surprised GK wasn't there right of the bat to praise her.

• Like 1

The Thai audience that is usually fills up the seats at such events isn't known for being an enthusiastic audience or to show at least any kind of emotion or facial expression that would give a speaker feedback. Talking to 400 empty seat is easier and more relaxed compared with how alienated you will feel as speaker when you ave have to look into 400 empty faces.

... hosted by the Economic Reporters Association. would have been their job to fill up the seats, send out the invitation and make sure the people come. No one goes to these events out of true interest or voluntary like you would go to a concert or the cinema. Its all organized, gives hotels a business, mini bus drivers a job to pick office teams up and office worker a welcome change from looking out of the window all day and stay motionless behind the desk and shuffle some papers now and than. + free buffet and group photos with others standing around one 'high profile attendant'.

The Economic Reporters Association failed to do their job as host. Was it in a spirit of mischief or just fail? Those tasked to organize the event were probably just "temporary employees".

No, the Economic Reporters Association let the REAL story play out, and then reported it.

Rather than 'MANIPULATE THE STORY' as you suggest, just to be 'good hosts'.

Sorry that is not reporting, that is propaganda creation, you expect them to do.

I am sure most no-shows thought someone else would be there and they would not be missed... Seems most all came to that same conclusion; We have better things to do.

You are out of touch with reality, but looks like you are not alone.

Watched a bit of Parliment TV.

So that's why Abhisit Vejjajiva had such a big smile on his face in Parliament. clap2.gif

It's 'who' she represents that was rejected.

Did Thaksin write her speech?

Edited by LindsayBKK

-Supposedly no one showed up because the conference was not "pubicized". Couldn't Yingluck's secretaries have offered free tablets, refrigerators, or spicy Papaya Salad to bring in her Red Shirt supporters to fill up the vacant room?

So why did everyone who was invited not show up? Are there no gentlemen left in Thailand? It's very bad form to abandon a lady in distress.

So why did everyone who was invited not show up? Are there no gentlemen left in Thailand? It's very bad form to abandon a lady in distress.

Or maybe don't want to waste time listening to the same old excuses over and over again

• Like 1

The Thai audience that is usually fills up the seats at such events isn't known for being an enthusiastic audience or to show at least any kind of emotion or facial expression that would give a speaker feedback. Talking to 400 empty seat is easier and more relaxed compared with how alienated you will feel as speaker when you ave have to look into 400 empty faces. ... hosted by the Economic Reporters Association. would have been their job to fill up the seats, send out the invitation and make sure the people come. No one goes to these events out of true interest or voluntary like you would go to a concert or the cinema. Its all organized, gives hotels a business, mini bus drivers a job to pick office teams up and office worker a welcome change from looking out of the window all day and stay motionless behind the desk and shuffle some papers now and than. + free buffet and group photos with others standing around one 'high profile attendant'. The Economic Reporters Association failed to do their job as host. Was it in a spirit of mischief or just fail? Those tasked to organize the event were probably just "temporary employees".
No, the Economic Reporters Association let the REAL story play out, and then reported it. Rather than 'MANIPULATE THE STORY' as you suggest, just to be 'good hosts'. Sorry that is not reporting, that is propaganda creation, you expect them to do. I am sure most no-shows thought someone else would be there and they would not be missed... Seems most all came to that same conclusion; We have better things to do.
You are out of touch with reality, but looks like you are not alone.

You have conjured up a bugs bunny moment - Yingluk finishing her speech to the sound of a cricket chirp. Or Gerard Depadieu when he finished singing "thank heaven for little girls." in My Father the Hero

PM Forced to Speak to Virtually Empty Seminar Room

yingluckemptyroom.jpgLaughing-2.gif

accompanying photo to the OP article

The photo is to some extent irrelevant, the written piece says that nobody from the media turned up.